Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Slow hydraulics

Nanner Pruitt ยท 2023-07-05 10:25

I have two Jcb 214 backhoes. One the hydraulics work fine (slow and fast). The other only works at slow even when I use the fast setting on the hydraulic switch. I've checked the switch which is working fine , I've replaced all the hydraulic filters, I've replaced the solenoid and still only slow speed . Any suggestions?

Replies7
  1. #1Welder Dave2023-07-07 02:11

    Do you have good hyd. power? Check what the solenoid operates. Could it be stuck or the new solenoid isn't actually moving?

  2. #2Nanner Pruitt2023-07-07 05:50

    I've checked the solenoid and it does work , I also put a new hydraulic pump on it but still it only operates at slow speed.

  3. #3Nanner Pruitt2023-07-07 09:20

    I've tried all that. I've been trying to resolve this problem for over a year, I just keep spending money with no results

  4. #4Nanner Pruitt2023-07-07 09:43

    I've tried all that, everything is working. I've been spending money on this for over a year with no results

  5. #5Tinkerer2023-07-07 10:15

    Spending money for over a year without positive results indicates that you need a trained technician to look at it. Have you considered getting a JCB dealer tech to look at it ?

  6. #6Welder Dave2023-07-07 13:40

    Yeah, just throwing parts at it is only going to drain your bank account with no guarantee of fixing it. You need to have a knowledgeable tech troubleshoot it for you.

  7. #7edgephoto2023-07-07 23:25

    Sounds like you need to perform some diagnosis or pay someone. For hydraulics you need to perform pressure testing. Do you have the service manual? Do you have a pressure gauge set?