Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Extreme dust

Dirtman2007 ยท 2008-02-09 18:23

I had to bury some ashes today form a fire. I was told the dust could be seen from over 1 mile away. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNgq0GBY5Fg

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies6
  1. #1rino14942008-02-10 09:41

    Don't you know that you are suppose to be working against the wind so that the ashes get sucked up in your air cleaner.

  2. #2CM19952008-02-10 09:50

    What?:beatsme

  3. #3rino14942008-02-10 10:13

    ^ It was a joke. I know someone that ruined a motor in a 977 cuz this happened and also know another person that burned up a wiring harness on a 320 buring brush. The machine shut off and he quick had to bring in another machine from a another job to push the fire away.

  4. #4bobcat ron2008-02-10 10:58

    Whoa, that's a huge ash load of ash. Makes good fertilizer though.

  5. #5Dirtman20072008-02-10 11:00

    This was the best time I have ever had pushing ashes. Had about a 10 mph wind blowing in the direction the ashes needed to go. usually it is alot worse. the wind changes and it all comes back on you. I had to cut the machine off one time because you much ash was blowing back onto the machine. A good filter shaking is also required.

  6. #6thejdman042008-02-10 16:03

    nice link