Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Extreme Vehicle Series

EarthRockHill ยท 2009-10-05 11:10

I was contacted by a casting director at a subcontractor for the Discovery Channel, about a new series they are doing on Extreme Vehicles. They are looking to shoot, within the next 2-4 weeks, a residential demolition project using a mid-size excavator as well film a larger high reach excavator in a commercial type setting. They are also looking for any extremely large earth moving, wrecking or construction equipment to show on their series. He specifically asked if I knew the location of a LeTourneau L-2350 wheel loader that he could feature on the series. I talked with the casting director this morning and I thought I would post this information here to see if I could get any feedback from you. The show, which is not yet on the air, has a host (a Spanish comedian) that introduces the machine and then with a few lessons will operate it. In one instance he mentioned wanting to have access to a high reach excavator for the day to have the machine at his disposal to use on site. In another instance he said 'Lets find a building that was slated for demolition by a municipality and go wreck it.'. Please let me know if you are at all interested in this. I can put you in direct contact with this casting director if you want. I haven't made any promises to him or guaranteed that I can find him stuff to shoot but I told him that I might have some leads. Obviously, it would be worldwide exposure, great for any company big and small.

Replies10
  1. #1tonka2009-10-05 11:24

    Contact Jake Lindamood and tell him what you got cooking.... http://www.bobbylindamooddemolition.com/Contact.asp

  2. #2BrianHay2009-10-05 13:46

    Wonder if he would be interested in my machine....it's not big but it sure is extreme

  3. #3D5G2009-10-05 15:33

    I don't know of too many compaines out there that would just hand over their 1+ million dollar high reach machine, with just a few qiuick lessons. Another big question would be, have these guys had any expirence on a construction / dmolition site, do they carry their own insurance if they destroy or damage a structure or vehicle? Lots of questions to be asked and answered.....and quick!

  4. #4EarthRockHill2009-10-05 16:14

    Some minor edits to this post..... see below They are affiliated with the Discovery Channel for other shows, but not this one....and the Host is famous not Spanish...oops I misunderstood what he said... yikes...

  5. #5Orchard Ex2009-10-05 19:27

    Wasn't there a show with (one of the guys from the Soprano's maybe?) that was the same premise. He would race against the real operators time in moving or digging etc?

  6. #6Truckin4life2010-03-01 17:26

    Im sure that the Discovery Channel will have insurance and will likely re-imburse said company for any time deemed un productive...

  7. #7redline2010-03-01 18:36

    joe seragusa i think is the one guy i have seen, big fella and talks even bigger

  8. #8excav8r2010-03-01 22:01

    yeah that was a pretty annoying show to watch

  9. #9tripper_1742010-03-01 22:35

    Tony Siragusa, pretty good football player though. Twelve years in the NFL and a Superbowl ring with the Ravens. Was on the Sopranos. The other program was Megamachines and it surely did suck!

  10. #10excav8r2010-03-02 14:18

    i've got nothing against him sopranos was a great series. except for the ending lol