There have been a couple of inquiries recently about the chatroom. I think it's an under-used feature of the forum. I'm posting this thread, and I'll make it a sticky, so that it stays at the top of this section. If you would like to get together and chat, post here, something to the effect of, "I'm in the chatroom now." Then hang around and see if anyone shows up. Any time somebody posts to this thread, other members will be able to see how recently somebody has gone to the chatroom, and if they like, they can go and join the discussion, or if nobody is still there, post here again and see if anyone else joins in.
Iam In right now ..
You must be hiding in the cupboard then, I didnt see you Quite a fright actually I got all sorts of warnings and bits blocked that I had to allow, firewall and all that geeky stuff that duck drivers dont know didlly squat about. Is that normal ?
Actually, Ross and I had quite a nice chat until I had to run off and take care of other business. You mean like this? I get it every time I go there, so I just click on yes, and it works fine. It says in the fine print at the bottom, "Only run if you trust the source." You trust us, Rob, don't you? :cool2
I thought I was going into a chatroom, I didnt know I would have to take me glasses to read the small print Course I trust you,.......... you told me you was a doctor,.................. was you wasnt it?
No. When the doctor told you to ignore the voices in your head, I was the voice that told you to ignore the doctor.... :yup
Did you charge Rob a consultation fee for the advice? :tong :cool2
Yes! 2 HEF T shirts,................... I'm sure he said he was a doctor,.......... I just forget what of............. something about having a BS I think :beatsme
Nope. Like a good mechanic, that sort of advice is priceless. Hey, I can't stay long, but I'm going to go into the chatroom now.
LoL, and I'd say he's proud of his degree in (of) BS.
In the chatroom: Well, it didn't work, clever idea though... I still need a doctor, at least, according to what I'm hearing... I think... Where am I?????? OCR
I just got a PM from a member who says he gets into the room, but gets a message that says "eronious nickname". Anybody else having the same problem?
I have that same problem cant see anyone or chat
I got my camera working but I might need a head start .Ron G
Had a good chat with Digger ... Seems like a Nice Fella ... Interesting talking direct To members and Staff. Great! Anyhow, I get straight in the chat room no problem. No error or anything? Remember you can still surf the Net and HEF while using the chat function. Iam off out now but will be back later on this evening and will hovering around here.
Chatting...
wish i could join you guys Stupid thing shakes fist at chat room
In the Chat now ... Have a spare Hour to Burn if anyone wants to natter about equipment or Just random stuff ... Iam easy!
I'm in the mood for chating..anyone?
In the chat now .. Me and the Q man ..
Roll up Roll up ... Circus in town ... In the chat room!
the circus is led by q
I said Circus not the ZOO my good fella :tong Chat anyone . ?
Chat does not like Unix. Hello. This chat clearly does not like Unix (Mac OSX) or Linux (Kubuntu). And, it is not all that fond of Windows 98, not that anyone really runs that anymore. It does like Windows XP, like what you might find on a Topcon unit. Now, who the hell would load a full browser onto a Topcon unit!
Enhanced Graphics in Chat. Hello. This is how to do Enhanced Graphics in Chat. To Use Bold text in your message, simply press the Ctrl + B keys, together, at the point in your message where you want the bold effect to begin. If you want the bold text to revert to normal before the end of your message simply press the Ctrl + B keys together again at the point where the effect will end. For underlined text press Ctrl + U where you want the under-line effect to begin and press Ctrl + U again at the point where you wish the effect to end. This can be combined with other effects. Pressing Ctrl + B then Ctrl + U will create Bold, Underlined text.
In the chat for morning coffee lol
Links in Chat. Hello. A link in chat can be made clickable by simply adding a command and placing the link within. http:///www.google.com/ Simply clicking on this will take you to google. The same is true with chat, simply do the link code, insert your URL, and do the link command once more to close.
geez.....we ever gonna get the chat room up and going again? Having withdrawls......up to two cans of copenhagen a night now without the chatroom....and gramma is lookn up divorce lawyers....bah ha ha
there is a chat room? lol
Well this thread dates from 2009. There once was, but if I recall correctly, it didn't work super well, and was eliminated during some update or another. (Either that or it broke completely and nobody bothered to fix it. See, HEF isn't so different from the industry at large. ) Anyway, some of the guys were using some other platform to chat after that, but I haven't heard any mention of it in quite some time.
darn..a day late and a dollar short..lol
Second one died too unfortunately, It had glitches and locked a couple of us out.
they say 3 times a charm...whats it take to get a chat room up and going again?
Get the Wife pregnant & have 3 kids ........ Instant chat room in real time .
been there done that and then divorce and back to peace n quiet... next idea..LOL
If there is interest I could help the mods setup a discord chat. It was designed for gamers/nerds, but it works pretty well as a general chat client. Client can be used in either web-based or stand alone form. Alternatively there is a chat plugin for Xenforo, but that would be way more work. https://discordapp.com/