Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

EZ36 / ET35 battery

efnfast ยท 2025-01-12 06:52

Hi guys, haven't been around in a while. Bought a Wacker Neuson EZ36. Needs a battery. I believe it's under the cab. The book says it's a dealer serviceable item, really, I have to call the dealer to change a battery. I can't figure out how to lift the cab. I pulled two alan head bolts in the front of the cab and jacked the jack. It wouldn't budge and I didn't want to force it. Any help?

Replies10
  1. #1Coaldust2025-01-12 09:04

    After removing the two bolts, there is a release latch to pull. Then, you can use the hydraulic lift. This is a different model, but the process is the same.

  2. #2efnfast2025-01-12 09:40

    Thank you, very different machine, but maybe I'm just not jacking hard enough.

  3. #3Coaldust2025-01-12 10:45

    Two screws and a latch. Like two turntables and a microphone.

  4. #4efnfast2025-01-12 10:47

    Where is the latch?

  5. #5billyjoemanfy2025-03-24 02:50

    Did you ever get an answer to this?

  6. #6billyjoemanfy2025-03-24 02:51

    Does anyone know the dimensions and specification of the battery? I need to bring one with me to a remote site and I can't find the specs anywhere.

  7. #7efnfast2025-03-24 07:25

    There are two bolts that unbolt the cab. Sitting in the seat, one at your right foot, and the other behind your shoulder. I don't know the specifics of the battery, but it was expensive.

  8. #8Gary Layton2025-03-24 10:51

    Where is the latch? What am I missing? Two posters have asked, "Where is the latch?" after Coaldust went to the trouble of posting a video of how to do the deed. I just watched the video and at 1:00 it shows pulling a release in the cab...isn't that the answer? Are they just not watching the video or is that release something else?

  9. #9efnfast2025-03-24 11:52

    He posted a video of a different machine. There is no latch on the machine I asked about.

  10. #10billyjoemanfy2025-04-01 06:49

    For reference the battery dimensions are 277mm (L) x 175mm (W) x 175mm (H) It's an end mount on the negative end with two bolts into a plate fixture. The capacity is 70ah, 12v, at least 580cca.