Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

F-250 Utility Body Interchange

Birken Vogt ยท 2018-01-22 13:12

I have a 1989 F-250 with a utility body I put on it. Since I got the truck in very lightly used condition. But the truck is not going to last forever. I am wondering what newer chassis the utility body will fit onto. I think anything from the big 3 from the mid 90s to the mid 2000s would be an option, if it fits. 8 foot bed. I guess the major concerns would be rear axle placement and frame rail width, I don't know. The last time we swapped this was from an 88 to an 89 Ford, no issue there.

Replies2
  1. #1mitch5042018-01-22 18:52

    I took an 8' service body that came new on a '99 f250, and put it on an '86 C20 with no problems. I am pretty sure they will all interchange, you might just have to fab some brackets.

  2. #2Junkyard2018-01-22 20:46

    Frame width and cab to axle would be the two things to measure. Cab to axle being the critical one. I know in duallys ordered as a cab and chassis are usually 60" and the standard pickup bed trucks are 56 or 58 I don't recall exactly. I don't think it would be too hard to make it work.