I have a 2001 F-350 Ford powerstroke dose the block heater, 120 volt have a fuse some where ?
I wouldn't think so. The cord should run from the block heater to the front of the truck. If it doesn't work either your block heater is shot or your cord is buggered. I would try replacing the cord first, they are cheep, when compared to replacing a block heater.
Fairly certain cord runs straight to the heater.
Yup cord goes from the front bumper right into the block. There is a connection where it goes into the heater. Unscrew it and then plug it into the wall and using a VOM meter check and see if there is 120 volts coming out of the end the plugs into the heater. JJ
got to get a new one lad
Yep, about $70 on fleebay. had to do that on the old 6.0
Thanks guys I will see what turns up with it .
Had a similiar problem yesterday with my Kenworth.Went to plug it in and I did not hear the distinctive "pop" of the power cord being connected.I opened the hood and sure enough the plug at the block heater was smoked.I'l have to replace the Cord and block heater .Did you ever notice block heaters never go bad in warm weather.
For a cheap & quick fix, try cutting the plug off. On both of mine, the wires broke just behind the strain relief, so a new plug may do the trick for you, too. Good luck!