Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

FL 60 Seats

markshr151 ยท 2011-01-17 12:25

My truck is a 2000 FL60 with 600,000 miles on it. I am starting it on its second life. The new factory seats I put in @ 500,000 are junk and the standard high mount or low mount seat won't fit. If you have experience with any part of this I would like your advice please. I can,t stand buying seats thinking we are ride-in in style now but 200 miles later thinking AAAARRRRGGGG these are junk! Buy the way Frances (named after the hurrican that paid for her.) has with in the last 100,000 Cummins in frame, rebuilt 6 speed, new clutch, rebuilt 3.20 rear, New king pins, breaks. injection pump, turbo and some other stuff. One thing she never had was dept.

Replies3
  1. #1amscontr2011-01-17 13:29

    I bought a new FL106 Dump in 1994 and I hated the seat in it also. But I paid it off and sold it by getting used to the seat. I think I would check with some of these Expedite Truck builders they might have a line on something aftermarket.

  2. #2markshr1512011-01-17 15:11

    bad seats, and I don't mean good

  3. #3Randy882011-02-07 08:18

    markshr151, did you find anything out on the seats, I also have a fl60 and I'd agree the seats suck and I've been looking for replacements also and encountered the same problem.