Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

F1 Repair work and carnage pics.

02Dmax ยท 2015-01-22 21:25

I don't take a whole lot of pics of my work but I always make sure and get pics of damage. Lol. So I figured I'd start a thread of stuff I've seen/fixed/MacGyver'd back together.

Replies20
  1. #102Dmax2015-01-22 21:27

    330C cylinder from today actually.

  2. #2willie592015-01-22 21:32

    Ouch! The busted cylinder is bad enough, but those kind of fragments can wreak havoc on valves.

  3. #302Dmax2015-01-22 21:48

    Ya. It will be getting a thorough flush job before anything goes back together.

  4. #4Cmark2015-01-22 23:23

    Let me guess. Stick cylinder? I've seen three 330Cs do that.

  5. #502Dmax2015-01-23 01:07

    Yep. First one I've seen.

  6. #602Dmax2015-06-21 09:55

    Deere 333D I recently repaired. This thing turned out to be a total headache. The machine died just like the key was shut off. It was way in the back of a new development and it rained 27 days in May around here. Finally I got fed up and drug it out with a dozer. When cranking it acted like it had no compression, which it didn't. Lol. Figured out it spun the cam gear which isn't uncommon on these apparently. Pretty poor design in my opinion. Basically the only thing that holds the gear in time is a bolt with a lock washer. No key, no spline, no dowel pin. And from what Deere told me it's a re-stickered Yanmar. So it got new pistons, new pushrods, new cam, and the head was gone through and all new valves installed.

  7. #7Mobiltech2015-06-21 13:03

    When I see the trailer ramp and Milwaukee tools I thought I was looking at a picture of mine. That looks like a fun project.

  8. #802Dmax2015-06-21 13:13

    Haha! You and I have very similar setups. Your trailer is just a bit bigger I think.

  9. #902Dmax2015-06-30 17:05

    Another one bites the dust. Cracked head I think.

  10. #1002Dmax2015-08-24 11:35

    Well the above pictured dozer ended up being a cracked liner. Had to warm up the liner with the engine torn down to see it. See pic below.

  11. #11fixou8122015-08-24 16:52

    Wonder if green lock tight would suffice on that type cam ?

  12. #1202Dmax2015-08-26 15:03

    Lol. I doubt it. Could've welded it up and ground it back down I guess.

  13. #13lantraxco2015-08-26 16:23

    I think he meant to be used at assembly of new parts to avoid a repeat of the failure. Sounds good to me, I use it on bronze bushings and such.

  14. #1402Dmax2015-08-28 09:05

    Gotcha. The terminology threw me off. Lol

  15. #1502Dmax2016-03-03 20:04

    Been awhile since I've added pics. Here's some iron I've been working on.

  16. #1602Dmax2016-03-03 20:17

    This was kind of a fun little project. D5 with one piece hub/sprockets. I cut the tooth ring off and welded on a ring with bolt holes in it to accept replaceable segments. I also replaced the rails and relined the brakes.

  17. #1751kw2016-03-03 21:03

    Awful tight tracks.

  18. #1802Dmax2016-03-03 22:08

    Sure looks like it. New rails were so stiff they bridged right across the carriers. There's barely any tension on them in the last pic. They do look tight as a banjo string though.

  19. #19norite2016-03-03 22:53

    Nice work, was it hard to center the new "rim"on the old spokes?

  20. #2002Dmax2016-03-04 07:11

    It wasn't too bad. I made a jig for cutting the old rim off to get it as close as possible. I had to do some grinding to make it fit but not alot. I put it in gear while it was jacked up and adjusted the "camber" to make sure the rim was straight while tracking. It went pretty smooth but it was probably due to luck, not skill. Lol