Hai. I have two cat 336 D L. One is working perfectly. Another one is overheating within hour of work. I checked thermostat, cleaned the radiator. It's looks fine. But the fan is speed is kind of slow when compared to another. Is this the reason for overheating!! If so.., is there any way to increase speed. Or should I change the fan drive unit?? Thanks. I hope you guys help me out.
Hi Catvenkat, could you post serial number please there are quite a few different 336D's out there first off did you purchase the two machines from new or as used equipment .Do you know there original sales location . the reason I ask this is because these machines came with different cooling fan maps for the ECM which controls the fan speed. did you check for blockage in the fin areas of the cooler cores. as a quick check remove the connector from the fan pump controller and operate machine ,you should be able to see and feel a fan speed increase.PS to stop the ECM from logging a fault code remove the solenoid coil with the connector attached. this action forces the fan to go to maximum speed .fan speed is now controlled directly by the mechanical screw adjustment on the demand Fan hydraulic pump controller Mark
the max ECM controlled fan speed for standard spec is 1250rpm +/_30 rpm the max ECM controlled fan speed for high ambient spec is 1360rpm +/_30 rpm to change the fan speed cooling map requires CAT ET and factory passwords the fan speed can be calibrated by a small amount through the machine monitor Mark
The serial no. *PRF00173*. ITS FROM Japan. I think. Actually I don't own this. It's friend of mine. I helping him with oil seals and some other stuff. It ran more than 7 k hours.
If you have service manual in PDF. Please send me. That will be so much helpful. Thanks mark250.
Mark250. I have few doubts about the machine. May I have your email. Or any other way of contact. Please.