Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

FASTENERS ! (1996 JCB 214 II 4×4)

RCO 1 ยท 2024-11-08 08:46

GREETINGS. I seem to have trouble getting simple answers these days where you would think there would be one. SO. I am the sometimes proud owner of a 1996 JCB 214 (X?) series 2 4x4 Backhoe loader. Over the past year I have overcome a few issues since the last owner kept low fuel consistently. (Ever been forced to use mirrors and cameras to sand down the inside of a fuel tank??) I added many scars to the forearms. Thankfully I made a good choice for 16k. The Perkins 1004 4T is strong and I have a good sense I will get another few thousand hours relatively painlessly from the machine in general. CAN SOMEONE CONFIRM THAT BSW FASTENERS WERE USED ON THESE BRITISH (Bamford) BUILT BEASTS ?? I am fairly sure they are British Whitworth fasteners as I need to have every tool and socket I own out to replace/service most anything. I thought the use of them was abandoned in general LONG before 1996 but....I have no other explanation of the gross SLOP or NO GO when applying even my better quality tools to fasteners on this machine. I just don't wanna go spending several hundred bucks on BSW tools if I don't have to, but given the age of the machine and expectations for service/adjustments I know I WILL if further investigation confirms what appears to be the case.

Replies0

No replies yet.