Brave is a new internet browser I just started using in my pc laptops. Unbelievably fast due to it's ability to strip out all ads. I never knew my internet speed was actually as fast as it is. Amazing photo loading speeds on web pages. If you are interested or want it, just do a search for Brave browser.
very interesting will check it out
I remember when Chrome/Google was the same way. Now they do nothing but watch and listen to us at every step and their results are no longer very trustworthy. I was listening to Bob and Tom this morning and they said 2 things on the air, went to break and by the time they got back there was already ads popping up on their phones for the 2 things they talked about. Brave, for what it's worth, has been around for a year or 2 now.
I stumbled on to Brave about 10 days ago , Mozilla was acting up . I watch video's on the weekend and after about 4 to 6 hours the lappy would slow to a crawl . Sometimes would would have to manual it off to restart . Brave just works for now . It may go the way of the others but for now I am happy .
When I first started reading this, I was sure it was some spam ad. Then I looked who posted. Sorry for thinking you were spam tinkerer . Unless some bot has taken over your computer and is now spamming all of us.....
Brave is an awesome browser made by the guy that used to run mozilla.
Another reason to switch browsers if you are currently using fire fox. https://noqreport.com/2021/01/13/mo...to-censor-conservatives-at-the-browser-level/
Been using brave for a while on my phone and pc. Opera is good to. It was all about firefox now there turning into chrome
I’ve had Brave on my phone for about 4 months and have been happy with it. I have monthly subscription that provides VPN.
+++For brave. Been using it for a couple months.
I've been using DuckDuckGo on my phone for a while and I like it. I'll have to try Brave one of these days as I'm a fan of the creator's view of the internet.
who all is using brave . and what do you think if you are?
I've been using brave for over a year I like it. I use it with duck duck go and sync all my bookmarks from phone to pc to laptop.
Also have had Brave on my iPhone for about a year. I bounce between it and Chrome and DDG. Happy with Brave search results...and VPN feature.
I have been using Brave for a few weeks while not using Chrome. If you can believe the reports that show up when you open Brave it says it has blocked 36,717 trackers and or ads an save 2.16GB or bandwidth.
I just bought a new HP 13" laptop with windows 11. Very nice. I have been doing some tweaking on the Brave browser and is far better than all the others I have experimented with. It will delete all of your website logins if you delete it's stored cookies. That is a nuisance. I use CCleaner Pro and it has the capability to let the user select which cookies to keep thus avoiding logging off websites when clearing everything.
I have been looking for an alternate to Google and YouTube this might be a good start.
I've been avoiding win11 its decent?
Yes it is. I actually prefer it over Win 10 I was avoiding it since it came out due to all the negative reviews by people using it. I did install an app that makes it look like windows 7 Classic. Very clever person created it. Windows 11 has a very annoying and disappointing taskbar. You cannot add program shortcuts to it. It is locked by design. There is a lot of complaining about it on the internet. You can only move the position of it on the homescreen. But after a lot of internet research I found an ingenious app that will alter the taskbar to function just like all the previous versions of Windows. Windows 11 Home seems to be a little faster than the Windows 10 Enterprise that I was using. I may be wrong about that tho.
Hmm... I live on taskbar shortcuts, specifically at work (where they tell me which version on Windows to use). I got mad when Win10 told me I could only favorite like 10 things, as shortcuts, but then someone put directions online about how to change that. Maybe I'll slap 11 on the pc at home...
If you upgrade Windows 10 to Windows 11 you have 10 days to downgrade it back to Win 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ndows-10/84a2416d-ccfb-4d87-9eee-e1056591e91f
After bragging about what a great browser Brave is I have found some irritating flaws in it. #1 The ad blockers that are built into it has slowed down the HEF website so badly I no longer use it here. Especially when posting a response in a thread. I thought it was a problem with the website, until I started using Microsoft Edge with no ad blockers. #2 -It blocks harmless images in some of the emails I receive. #3- It will not allow me to use the clear all box for my recently viewed items on eBay. Microsoft Edge lets me clear it just fine.
Another flaw in Brave reared it's ugly head today. I tried to get the UPS shipment details on the delivery progression and Brave blocks it. I reinstalled Firefox and it has no problems with displaying the UPS shipment details.
I switched to Brave with my new computer and have never had anything like that happen. It works like any other browser for me.
I cleared all of the cookies stored in Brave and I can now see the UPS shipment progress just fine.