Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

fatality involving tag trailer

xkvator ยท 2006-12-14 18:02

http://kdka.com/topstories/local_story_348161833.html i travel that road all the time...about 10 miles from home...a very long straight stretch. trailer being pulled out of the excavating company lot was struck by a car...mother killed still dark out around 7...

Replies4
  1. #1digger242j2006-12-14 21:23

    What a tragedy. I can't help but wonder exactly what happened. (BTW, I moved the thread down here to the safety section.)

  2. #2itsgottobegreen2006-12-14 21:38

    looks like she hit the gas instead of the brake, caught the trailer, then went under it and slid back out. She didn't even hit the tractor. $10 says she was on the cell phone.

  3. #3xkvator2006-12-15 16:14

    it's pretty dark in that stretch, but i think the co. has some lighting on the bldg.'s maybe her kids distracted her...or the lights from the tractor blinded her and she didn't see the trailer in her lane...

  4. #4digger242j2006-12-15 22:14

    One thing I looked for in the news video was the trailer. It looks to be black in color, but it does appear to have reflective tape down the sides. I sure hope the lights were all in good order.