Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

FB video on loosening a piston bolt

NH575E · 2023-11-25 10:28

Not sure how many of you are on facebook but I found this video informative. Basically they secured the rod eye, put the piston end on a support, then used another bucket to push down on the wrench to loosen the bolt. Best Video Excavator | P178 #fypシ #fyp #amazing #viralreel #viral #reels #excavator #machin | Phiphou Excavator Best Video Excavator | P178 #fypシ #fyp #amazing #viralreel #viral #reels #excavator #machin. Phiphou Excavator · Original audio www.facebook.com

Replies4
  1. #1kshansen2023-11-25 19:02

    I think I would feel a little safer with a better support. If that small log decided to kick or split things could have gone bad fast.

  2. #2rumblecloud2023-11-26 08:15

    Cool. All I need now is a big *** excavator Seriously though, I could use the front loader on my Ford 5000 to accomplish pretty much the same procedure.

  3. #3Swetz2023-11-26 08:51

    The cylinder repair bench my employer had used a hydraulic cylinder to generate the force to crack the nut/bolt on the cylinder rod. The bench below is similar to the one we had, not exact tho. This is like using the hydraulics on an excavator, just way more controlled.

  4. #456wrench2023-11-26 11:33

    When i remove those big piston nuts, i place the support block under the piston as close to the wrench as possible to reduce the possibility of bending the rod. And use a clean rag between the piston and the block. Also index the nut to the rod to get it back to the same approximate torque