Just a few pics from this week, The highway was covered in about a half inch of ice from freezing rain over night. There are curves just outside of town, only had one D8 in the yard and it just came out of the shop from a torque and steer clutch job.... good way to test her out! push some snow around! Oh and a pic of my tattoo i just got around christmas, young fellow i grew up with in this one horse town pasted a few years ago, we spent endless hours in the shop together, so it was a fitting design.
Nice job there man. I finally got laid off from pipeline on the friday before that.Good thing too cause I would have been there with you.
D8H on ice equals about eighteen times two ice-skating blades. Fun as hell when no one is around to disturb your enjoyment. On a small lake just rip along in third and dynamite one brake. Spins like crazy. Works with TD24's in big parking lots too. D9's skate like the devil on frozen ground and ice. Fun to watch, not so fun in the seat on a long hill. Looks cold there, I'm shivering just looking at the picture.....
Heres our ice storm we had this year 12/11/08, 8.5 days without power.
nice pic's. if those guy's on the show wrecked had a d-8 i would still watch. nice tat, btw.
Just wondering how you made it through with out power for almost 9 days? Wood burning stove??? I am not equiped to have a 9 day power loss here in N.M. Of course we don't get ice storms where I live either, but a wood stove is on the list of things for my house this coming spring. How does town water surrly hold up during the ice storms? Any water main breaks? Any way I'm really curious as to what happens during one of those big storms. I live in the desert, 6000 ft elevation. We do get snow, but it is usually gone in a day or two.
I have a 5000 watt generator that I plug into a box by the breaker box that runs furnace, water, and a few plugs. As for water mains not many around here most have wells. I did take care of 1 of my out of state plow customers that was without for 10.5 days all she had was a wood stove. That was real time consuming but $$$$$.