Hi All... hope you are ready for a daft question?! I have a Fiat / New-Holland 50-86 vi vine tractor. Despite several hours of looking, I cannot find the hydraulic filler (not filter) ? Does anybody know where it is located on this model? :Banghead I have looked everywhere I can think of, including under the gear lever cover, but nothing - there is also no filler ontop of the back axel that I can see. Being a narrow vine tracto,r the spool block is mounted direct behind the seat so no access directly to the top of the hydraulic resivoir. The only other option I can think of is if the filler is under the seat - but can't believe that Fiat would be so daft? Any help would be really appreciated. :notworthy Cheers, Ian.
Probably the best thing to do would be to contact your local dealer. It may be under a plate and might be a cleanable filter with multiple layers instead of replaceable style. When you talk to them ask if there are any special instructions, and possibly o rings that need to be changed.
If your hydraulic suction line comes out of bottom of rear housing, it could be in the end of the line. On some models filter is in the back of the pump can.
FILLER (not filter)
Yup, damned eyes failed me again
why not look in the operator manual,i'm sure its covered in there. or give the dealer a call
Thanks all - especially Truck 505 for noticing that it is the FILLER I'm looking for :falldownlaugh Unfortunately I don't have an operator manual and have looked on the internet in both English & Spanish and cannot locate one (or indeed any literature about this model). :bash Also our nearest dealer is about an hour drive away (and speaks Valenciano which makes life very difficult ) The tractor is quite common here, so guess I'll have to stop a farmer and ask in my pigeon Spanish unless anybody else can help in English :usa Cheers, Ian.
Here is a pic if it helps
See that more often on a tractor, maybe the oil in the tranny doubles as hydr reservoir. They usually run hydraulic transmission oil in these units.
I own a fiat 450 and if it's any use for you the transmission is also the hydraulic feed and the filler plug is located on mine on the left of the the gear lever. On the right of the transmission is a dip stick. Cheers Bryan