Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fiat 70 C dozer

Motat ยท 2009-12-06 03:06

A neighbor of mine has such a beast and has foolishly asked me to help him fix ists steering problems. He has no parts book ,And I have never even seen another let alone worked on one. Does anyone out there have a parts book ,and are parts available anyway. PS I am in New Zealand Kind regards

Replies12
  1. #1Richardjw~2009-12-06 04:15

    Motat, This is the Ag. spec machine from years back, right? If it is then the model is not listed on the on-line parts cat. so it comes down to asking some dealers in Italy if they have any parts or historic info concerning it. A friend was after parts for a Fiat crawler from mid 80s (not an old machine in my book) but struggled - there was no parts book ref. to work from Here's a few dealers from the motherland of the mafia, pasta and Fiat crawlers maybe they can help..... http://www.terminegroup.it/ita/index.php http://www.cesaromacchineagricole.it/ http://www.agriaffaires.com/pros/photos/62870-0/1/la-paderna-s-r-l.html http://www.agriaffaires.co.uk/pros/list/139191-0/1/barnaba-macchine-agricole-s-r-l.html

  2. #2Motat2009-12-06 13:05

    Richard Thanks for your reply. This is a bulldozer similar to look at to a D4c and is suposed to be 1968. I dont like the chances of finding parts for it ,here in NZ,tho I was wrong once back in 1972 LOL Kind regards

  3. #3oscar2011-07-19 04:56

    were do you live in nz .i might be able to put you in contacte with parts and advice .

  4. #4JimInOz2011-07-19 05:34

    The 70CI were used in Australia too. I might be able to source parts for you...PM me if interested. I think they were well liked machines. Jim

  5. #5willd8r2011-07-19 05:48

    Maintrac in Westport may be able to help I drove a AD7C which was a later model but very similar

  6. #6RayF2011-07-19 06:09

    A mob I worked for in Melbourne in the late 70's had one. I remember it was reliable enough.I never got to like it with silly clutch set up.You could never inch up to something it was all go or nothing at all

  7. #7AusDave2011-07-19 09:57

    Fiat dozer parts Hi Motat. I had a Fiat 70CI and a Fiat BT7D many years ago. I got my Fiat specific parts from GW Tractors who are based in Brisbane & Melbourne, Australia. See http://www.gwtractors.com.au/bulldozer_parts/bulldozer_parts.html They specialise in Fiat parts and rebuild dozers as well. They know the tractors/dozers inside out. I'm sure they would have no trouble sending parts across to NZ at a reasonable cost. They may even be able to help with parts manuals or copies thereof. As for steering problems you could have stripped steering clutch disks or a problem with the hydraulic assist on the steering clutch levers. They are reasonably simple machines to repair and if in good condition and not abused will give years of service. Worth checking the final drives at least for metal in the oil as they were prone to wear under heavy work. I think the motor was a 7 litre, 4 cylinder which ran at 1400 RPM. Mine ran with a straight 4" stack, no muffler, could almost count the combustion strokes. Farmers could hear it miles away when it was working and felt it worked much harder, (therefore getting more value for money), than the quiet BT7D which had a muffler Regards AusDave

  8. #8Garrie Denny2011-07-20 05:41

    Hi whitedog09 here; re 70 c dozer questions from member in N.Z. I am the proud owner of one of the machines, From your description it is most likely a 70ci, these range from60s to 66-67, i have a complete workshop manual but is very bulky and rare (hens have more teeth). send me a message and i may be able to help you diagonise the problem with steering. Garrie.

  9. #9dblaneyfan2011-07-21 11:30

    Hey Motat, Here is a parts manual, though it is located in Britain: http://www.agrimanuals.com/fiat-crawler-tractor-70c--70-ci-parts-manual-2942-p.asp And here is a parts manual that closes today in Otago: http://www.sella.co.nz/general/busi...parts/other-tractor-attachments-parts/8vc84c/ All the best, JCS

  10. #10Motat2011-07-21 16:35

    Thank you all, I have had a bad run health wise since last xmas,and thus have not been up with play on the neighbors Fiat. I will contact him and see where he is with it now. Many thanks again Regards

  11. #11Jeembawb2012-04-01 21:09

    I have got manuals etc if you need em champ - just yell out. I didn't realise it was this rare Jimbob

  12. #12Lever942012-05-21 05:20

    Hi Matat Try this mob in Qld. http://www.tractorspareparts.com.au I have an Fiat BD12. They air freight from Italy once a week, they are direct importers. The BD12 is a 1974 machine, I have been able to get most parts I have asked for. I suggest that the Fiat 70 C was a popular machine in QLD because of the Italian cane cutters back in the day. Regards Lever94