Hi, I have an old Fiat 70ci and one of the rippers is missing a boot/tip, I’ve searched high and low for information as to which tip/boot suits the original rippers that were installed on these machines. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hi Rob - A photo of the ripper and the old tip would help. The Fiat tractors didn't come with any factory-built ripper, the rippers fitted were all locally-made, and there were probably at least a dozen local ripper manufacturers in Australia - along with another hundred "home-built" varieties! And to add more confusion, it's not unusual to find that a previous owner or dealer has fitted a ripper from another make of machine!
Thanks buddy, when I head out to the property again in 2 weeks I’ll get some more info and some pictures. There was a reference written on the manual that came with it saying “ripper boot 3020” but all searches come up empty.
"Ripper boot 3020" is a Lewis ripper boot part number. Lewis is now owned by Gessner. Lewis Rippers - Dozer, Wheel Loader, Grader - Gessner Whether you’re looking for dozer rippers, grader rippers or wheel loader rippers, genuine Lewis Rippers are the trusted name in rippers. www.gessner.com.au
Cheers mate, I’ll have a look for some specs and compare it to mine. Thanks for your help.
Hi Rob2263 I just saw your thread and thought I would chime in. I have a 70CI dozer as well and I'm pretty sure mine has Lewis rippers. Mine are the swiveling tynes type so not sure if its the same as yours. I had to do some digging around to match up the boots on mine but they were easy to get (aftermarket) once we worked out the equivalent part. If I recall correctly mine had Lewis rippers and a "Keeche" style boot. It was the first machine I purchased when I started out contracting a few years ago and so I got a few of the boots and pins to keep on hand early on and haven't needed to get any more since. I would expect you should be able to still get them though. I have upgraded and I don't use the Fiat much now, only here at home so I am not sure if I still have new boots in my spare parts stock. I can check and if I do, get you some numbers and pictures if you need them?
That would be awesome mate, mine has the same 2 x swinging rippers. If you have some part numbers on hand that would help immensely, I will be heading out to my property this coming weekend so I will be able to get some pics and measurements for when I order them.
Some pics of the new aftermarket ones. The part no: CE3020 Didn’t have any new pins to take a pic of but they were a steel pin split lengthways into two with a strip of rubber molded between them. This might not help you much more as it’s the same number you have. I have a couple of pics of the rippers on an 80ci that I got as a wreck for parts. It has “Cut Edge 3020” on the sides of the boots as well.
“Cut Edge” would have to refer to this company. I know we used to buy blade edges and corner tips from them when we had an AT7. https://www.cuttingedges.com/contact-us/locations/
Ahh very interesting! I thought the CE on the new ones might have been an abbreviation, but that is probably who made them as well.