Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fiat Allis 10c Torque converter problems

Shawn10c · 2021-10-04 12:20

Hi all. I'm new here, I have a Fiat Allis 10c dozer I just picked up, The torque converter is pumping oil out of the vent tube and when you shift it in forward or reverse the drive shift just stops turning, it do have plenty of oil in it. looks look all the pumps have been rebuilt or replaced. I have checked the pressure relief valve and it seems ok. sure could use some help. Thanks, Shawn

Replies11
  1. #1Dave Neubert2021-10-04 12:23

    Sounds like convertor is trashed bypassing more oil than can drain back

  2. #2Shawn10c2021-10-04 13:45

    Well that’s not good. Looks like I’ll be pulling it out. Thanks for the reply.

  3. #3Dave Neubert2021-10-04 17:40

    Hope you can get parts they are hard to come by

  4. #4Shawn10c2021-10-07 19:21

    Minnpar and Schaeffers has a lot of parts for them. Hope they have the parts I need if I need any, going to check for restrictions in the return lines, cross fingers.

  5. #5Tinkerer2021-10-07 19:36

    Welcome to HEF, Shawn ! I have had good dealings with Joseph Industries. I am not affiliated with them in any way. https://www.joseph.com/

  6. #6Dave Neubert2021-10-08 07:43

    If it is not driving you have more problems than a blockage

  7. #7Shawn10c2021-10-08 08:38

    I’ll check them out thanks

  8. #8Shawn10c2021-10-08 08:41

    Thanks for the welcome.

  9. #9Dave Neubert2021-10-08 11:32

    Have you checked your convertor in and out pressures

  10. #10Shawn10c2021-12-29 11:18

    Got the converter rebuild and it works great but can’t get it to cut left or right.

  11. #11Dave Neubert2021-12-29 14:45

    check your steering valve see if you have pressure on right and left clutches