I've got a question about a Fiat Allis 14c. I think the Serial Number is: 031579. I'm trying to find more information on it. Did some research and was told it might be a 1989. Is this a good machine? I'm trying to find the general worth of this machine. It's been sitting unused for about 10 years that I know of. I think that the engine is alright, but may need some transmission work. Any help would be appreciated. The hour meter shows 630, but it may be broken. Is there a way to post pictures here? Thanks.
Welcome to HEF D0Z3R, In their day the 14C were an excellent tractor. Performance wise, at least a match with the Cat D6D which are the same vintage. I would have thought around 84-85 would have seen the end of the C series...FD14D with turbo motor followed, then E series was out by early 90s. Values in North America seem to be greatly affected by a lack of parts availability. Italian made, there are still big numbers of these tractors in Europe, as well as aftermarket parts manufacturers. I find it hard to believe that some enterprising soul isn't importing parts into the States to help keep them off the scrap heap. To post photos, click on the Go Advanced tab at the bottom of the reply window. Then manage attachments, then at top right, click add files, choose files, then upload. Finally, at bottom of window, insert inline, then you're done. Look forward to seeing photos of your 14. Cheers, Greg
Thanks for the information Greg. The machine doesn't belong to me, it belongs to the City, where I live (Alaska) I'm just trying to find a general dollar amount that this machine is worth. It is in kinda rough shape I guess, and I'm not sure if it's even worth rebuilding, But I hate to see machines like this go to waste. I was told that it couldn't go into gear or forward, but I'd have to ask again. It's been awhile since I asked about it. I'll try to post a few pictures if I can. The hour meter shows 680, not 620. I know that's not much, that's why I figured it may be broken, but it could be right! Thanks again for your help.
Hello, I'm looking for more information about this Machine, the ID tag is posted in the previous pictures, but from what I see on the forums, the serial numbers vs. Model years, don't match up to what I'm seeing. What do I need to do to get this machine running again? Also looking for a shop manual for it. Anyone here have a free one I can download? Thank you for your time.
You have the earlier series machine. A later series was introduced around 1985, from serial no. 050101, which added a turbo and some other improvements. Because of your location, I think you are going to struggle to find parts. We’re fortunate here in Australia to have a couple of parts suppliers that import regularly from Europe. MinnPar used to have parts manuals posted on their website, just had a quick look and can’t find them now.
This might be a record for the longest time between posts on the same machine.