Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fiat Allis 14c

ARHacker · 2024-09-07 21:25

Can anyone give me some rough spec info on this tractor? I was looking at machinery trader for midsize dozers and this came up. It looks pretty tight. I wonder if anyone here has any experience with them. I've been running Cat and Deere for 40 years, I own a 450C which owes me nothing. I just need something bigger for a job that will last for a couple seasons and CAT is like gold right now and I don't want hydrostatic JD because the job is a steep slope high elevation job that is 75% pioneering on rock. Any input?

Replies11
  1. #1Queenslander2024-09-08 02:24

    Not this one perchance? It is actually an Allis Chalmers HD11 B Series. It may have been badged Fiat-Allis from new but it certainly wouldn’t have had 14C on it.

  2. #2ARHacker2024-09-09 10:29

    Yep. It's this one. I've never even seen one of these before.

  3. #3Queenslander2024-09-09 17:04

    They were a good tractor, some would say better than the 14C which is about the same size, 150 hp. When Fiat bought into AC, the new company marketed the HD11 for a while before dropping it in favour of the 14. Parts would be difficult to source.. the same with the 14 but at least parts for those are still manufactured in Europe.

  4. #4Tones2024-09-09 18:14

    The HD11 only had one top roller, this has 2. The HD16 had 2 top rollers. Not being pedantic, just saying.

  5. #5epirbalex2024-09-09 21:31

    Some do , some don't . One where my daughter works has one on one side and two on the other . Picking it had a second on the single side .

  6. #6Queenslander2024-09-09 22:37

    Yeah, I don’t know Tones. I have had a bit of time on a couple of 16s but only ever seen one or two 11s in the flesh. This B series machine has two.

  7. #7Tones2024-09-10 03:33

    That's got me intrigued. I've operated a few 11b series back in the old country and it's the only time I've seen this.

  8. #8D6 Merv2024-09-16 18:58

    HD11 series B initially had 2 top carrier rollers. Somewhere around 1974 they changed to 1 carrier roller. And then towards end of production around 1977 went back to 2 carrier rollers. Very last of them also had mufflers. Was a few sold down here in new zealand and were a good well made crawler. Serial numbers start at 16000 and run up to around 19600 maybe to 20000 ?? Highest ive seen is 19631 Made from 71 to 77

  9. #9Tones2024-09-16 19:05

    Thanks Merv, I can rest easy now.

  10. #10Queenslander2024-09-16 21:53
  11. #11Welder Dave2024-09-17 00:05

    Is the round canister under the blade control the hyd. filter?