Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fiat-Allis 14C Turning Brake replacement ???

Elliott · 2010-05-13 16:21

I have a Fiat Allis 14C that I have had for several years. The brake on the right side will barely turn the dozer and I need to reline the pads. Does anyone know how to do this, or is there any instructions anywhere for this repair? I'm in Carrollton, GA.

Replies11
  1. #1edgarsim2010-05-15 22:01

    repliy to your request for brake problem Hi Elliot, I'm edgar from cartagena de indias, colombia I'm mechanic engineer and I repair heavy equipmet and marine too about your problem with the right brake, I recommend you should to check first the hydraulic pressure in the steering control (left and right); check the pressure for brake cylinders (mounted above steerings covers), chek the correct tension for brake shoes (maybe it is the problem); if this does not enough, then it's necesary dismount the brake shoes, but this is a major work, because it is necesary dismount the fuel tank, loosen and dismount the chains and crawlers (to loosen the steering clutches), lift and block the rear part of the dozer (to release the transmission and turn the steerings clutches by hand and loosening the attachments bolts); make the extraction of the steering clutches and the brake shoes because is no possible do it of another way (the brake is one piece, it is no broken in two parts) and repair all the parts. in this case I tell you need looking for a good speciallized technician to do it if you are agree send me your e mail and I can send you some pictures of this parts dissasembled, because I did this work six days ago and I know how to do it. best regards Edgar Escobar [email protected] I hope all this information will be useful for you and can solve your peoblem

  2. #2edgarsim2010-05-15 22:04

    elliott do you speak or understand spanish?

  3. #3Don Ruggles Army Aviator2022-10-16 21:52

    Edgarsim and or Elliiot: Please send me any pictures or video of the fiat 14c where you repaired the brake linings and cluthes. I need to fix the cluthes and brakes on my Fiat 14c in Hope, Arkansas. From Don Ruggles, Retired Army Helicopter Pilot

  4. #4Welder Dave2022-10-16 23:46

    You should start a new thread. This one is from 2010.

  5. #5Don Ruggles Army Aviator2024-11-22 19:34

    Was hoping Edgarsim and Elliot might could give me some advice on putting in new clutches and brake linings in my Fiat 14c. Thanks, Don Ruggles

  6. #6Welder Dave2024-11-22 19:36

    He was on the forum for 1 post only in 2010.

  7. #7Don Ruggles Army Aviator2024-12-15 18:43

    So, can any member give us some advice on changing out the clutches and brake linings on our 14C. Don Ruggles in Texarkana, AR

  8. #8Vetech632024-12-15 19:46

    What do you want to know?

  9. #9Don Ruggles Army Aviator2024-12-16 10:14

    Can the fuel tank be removed without removing the large ripper on the rear of the machine, then can the clutches and brake linings be removed and replaced with new ones. What all has to be removed when removing the clutches and brake linings. Don

  10. #10Welder Dave2024-12-16 19:36

    Probably best to try and find a service manual on the internet. I would think removing the ripper would make things easier and give easier access to get at the steering clutches but there would be a lot more details involved to R&R the clutches.

  11. #11Queenslander2024-12-17 06:06

    It may depend on what style of rippers you have fitted but on our tractor the fuel/hyd tank will slide out between the rippers and ROPS leg. What problems are you having? The clutches and brakes run in oil and are very long lasting, I’ve only had ours out to get at final drive pinion gears.