I notice I am getting a fair amount of oil leakage on my Komatsu D31. After cleaning up the engine block and watching it while running it almost appears to be leaking at where one of the injectors enters the Head. I removed it and did notice a crack in the rubber seal that fits beneath the spring and around the injector pin (?). Is it possible to get a large amount of leakage from this? I would think that would just allow air to get in and not oil out. (I am Not a diesel mechanic - IANADM). Thanks for any answers!
Thanks to Conequip Parts I have got a image of the parts and they are looking for whether they can get a hold of them. I see it is just a pass through connector from the injector pump to inside the head for distribution to the injector. Hope I can get a hold of the gasket. :beatsme I told them to try to get the springs and retainers as well if possible for all 4 of the connectors. since if one is bad who knows about the others.
Was able to get the parts thru Komatsu at my local dealer after signing up for eparts online. Ordered on Monday shipped to me Tuesday and arrived and installed by me today. Seems to have stopped the leak and my oil pressure is staying up higher when engine throttled down. (60 -65psi) Sounds better also, I think. Hopefully that solves my oil leak problem. Because of the packaging I had to order 10 of the gaskets and 10 of the springs. So if anyone is looking for these let me know since it gives me plenty of extras (9 unused springs/gaskets so far and 3 retainers)
Probably was diluting the oil and thinning it,i would change out oil.
oil leak good question!
Thanks for the suggestion! Mostly oil leaked out (I wondered at first if the head gasket was bad since that is where it flowed along) and had to be replaced. After I am sure I have the leak solved I will change out the oil filter and oil.
NP,,reading that got me thinking we had a truck that it happen to, oil and filter is cheap.