Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fiat-Allis 16b with K/G blade

td25c ยท 2009-03-13 21:02

I like the rome plow fore clearing.I shapen it 2 or 3 times a day.It works on big trees or dence brush.I do have to consider rock outcropings when looking at a clearing job.Its an old tool,My buddy's and I always argue about the best equipment to clear with,high lift,dozer,excavater,hydro-axe.I like the K/g blade the best.Anyone have an opinion on this?

Replies5
  1. #1dawoodwa2009-03-13 21:36

    We have used 16b's with KG blades to do many acres of forest service land. Loved running the 16, prefered it over the 8K. We usually pulled a chopper behind the tractor while we were shearing. If we didn't chop the sheared land we would rake it into windrows with our other 16's.

  2. #2td25c2009-03-13 22:15

    I Like the hd16b dozer.I had trouble breaking crankshaft in the engine.I put a 855 cummins in mine.It was a job ,but well worth it.I usually go in and cut everything down .Put my simi-U blade back on to pile the trees.

  3. #3hd16b2011-02-09 18:58

    I would like to have a KG blade for my 16b.

  4. #4hd16b2011-02-09 19:04

    Sorrow to change subjects but I am a new member and cannot seem to add a new post.Can anyone help.

  5. #5td25c2011-02-09 19:25

    Welcome to the forum hd. It takes 3 posts to start a thread.Then a moderator will upgrade your statice so you can start a thread.Might take short bit.