Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fiat Allis 545b is neutralized

mecaniquin ยท 2024-11-26 19:09

Hello everyone. It's a pleasure to greet You after so long. I was recently given a Fiat Allis 545b Charger that was going to be chopped up For scrap metal. It was abandoned For years.the fact is that after repairing they engine and other things, it was time to get it rolling. She advances ten or more minutes fine. But then it is neutralized. It doesn't go forward or reverse. It is an Allison tt2221-1 transmission. Then i turn off the engine and start it runs perfectly as if nothing happened. I would like to know where to start looking. Tomorrow i'm going to lower the valve body because i think something is stuck. I apologize because My lenguaje is not English. I use the translator.

Replies19
  1. #1Welder Dave2024-11-29 03:56

    I think this is a wheel loader not a backhoe loader. You might get a better response in the wheel loader forum.

  2. #2Vetech632024-11-29 07:59

    Sounds like you are starving for oil. Check the pump suction screen in the bottom of the transmission drop bow for debris. Check for proper oil level once you get the screen cleaned.

  3. #3mecaniquin2024-12-18 10:30

    Hello everyone. I apologize for not writing earlier. I was busy doing several things and forgot to check the forum. When I started it up, I noticed that the oil turned a little white. I decided to drain the oil and removed both round caps that go on the ends of this Allison TT2221 transmission. I could see that at some time this transmission had had perhaps 4 liters of water in its bottom. When I started it up several years later, the oil mixed with the water. The suction screen was also clogged. It had small pieces of gaskets and silicone. I cleaned the screen, cleaned the housing inside. I took out the valve body. and checked it.. then I started it up and the machine is now perfect. Remember that this is a machine that I am restoring. I have many pending things to do still, and also some modifications. What I do notice is that when changing gears, either forward or reverse, and with the throttle at minimum, it hits hard. I read something about a longer or shorter spring on the modulator valve that is in the valve body. I don't know if you are aware of this. Any information would be appreciated.

  4. #4mecaniquin2024-12-18 10:31
  5. #5mecaniquin2024-12-18 10:32
  6. #6mecaniquin2024-12-18 10:40
  7. #7mecaniquin2024-12-18 10:47
  8. #8mecaniquin2024-12-18 10:49
  9. #9mecaniquin2024-12-18 10:58
  10. #10mecaniquin2024-12-18 11:00

    I received it in September. It's already quite advanced. I just need to get a bucket, build a roof and do the electricity. I also have a video of it running. If you want, I'll post it.

  11. #1156wrench2024-12-18 11:19

    Those are nice clear pictures

  12. #12Tones2024-12-18 17:48

    Well done. I operated an Allis Chalmers TL 545 for 2yrs in the early 70's and it was a hard shifting transmission. It had the shift lever beside the seat, no suspension seat. It was a great little loader.

  13. #13mecaniquin2025-07-09 12:44

    Hi everyone, I'm going to get back to the thread of this machinery. After a few months away, I've started up again with the Fiatallis 545B loader. It now moves forward, crosses, raises and lowers the arms, etc., but when changing gears from forward to reverse, or vice versa, the transmission hits the cardan shaft hard. This transmission is an Allison TT2221-1. Inside the main valve body, it has the main pressure control valve, which in turn works with a thin spring painted blue, and a wider one that covers it, called the trimmer spring. It also has a seat. I've carefully reviewed this section since I assume this part acts as a modulator to obtain smoother gear changes. The thing is, I've disassembled these springs and exchanged them for others from a similar machine that is nearby in disuse, and the fault persists. I don't know where to start looking anymore. I'll leave a diagram for anyone who can help.

  14. #14mecaniquin2025-07-09 12:47
  15. #15mecaniquin2025-07-09 12:48

    Here the manual talks about smooth changes no matter if you are going at high or low revolutions.

  16. #16mecaniquin2025-07-09 12:49
  17. #17mecaniquin2025-07-09 12:50

    Here the manual gives us the spring specifications. I measured them with a vernier caliper and everything is fine.

  18. #18mecaniquin2025-07-09 12:51
  19. #19mecaniquin2025-07-09 12:53

    and here is the valve in question from number 6 to 18.