Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fiat-allis 605-B engine timing

thepumpguysc ยท 2011-10-04 18:31

HI GUYS, I have a customer who pulled his injection pump off w/o timing the engine and now has me putting it back on I KNOW THE PUMP IS GOOD[:cool2] I got it running but she WHITE SMOKES BAD! I tried advancing the timing to NO AVAIL..I started at 19*btdc and stopped at 22* and she still white smokes. I REALLY NEED the pump to engine timing spec. I never saw the engine run before hand SO I dont know if the customer is "telling stories" when he said, IT NEVER SMOKED BEFORE. The SN is 18Y04591 if that helps.. ANY HELP would be appreciated..:Banghead Thanks, TPG

Replies2
  1. #1lpnt652011-10-21 05:50

    I know this is bit late to mention this , However what year was trhe 605 Produced.

  2. #2thepumpguysc2011-10-22 09:14

    It's a 70ish mdl. THANK YOU for the reply but I found it..its 26* for my serial #, and 20* for anything after..