Hi All. I am new here and seek your professional advice please. I have a fiat allis 80i dozer which i have recently finished re-conditioning motor, new head gasket, top end, injectors etc. Now completed i went to use it the other day and it seems that there is a long delay between when i want it to move forward and then into reverse- sometimes i have to wait a few minutes before it builds pressure to move the machine backwards?! I do not have a pressure gauge so cannot tell if it looses pressure. When i have it in forward position and moving up a slight hill the machine slows and then stops, the motor is still running fine but dozer does not move anywhere?! Any help would be appreciated with what i need to address here to get it fixed. Thankyou for your help in advance! Puntrix
Iam afraid I can't offer you much in the way of professional advice. We've just finished rebuilding the motor and transmission in a 14C. I can put you in touch with parts supplier/mechanic who did our work. Where did you get your engine parts from, there aren't a lot choices here in Aus. Is your tractor also known as a 7C or 7D ? Cheers, Greg
Hi Greg, thanks for the reply. I use South Burnett Tractor Parts up in QLD, they are great for crawler parts and advice. it is a Fiat Allis AT7D or commonly known as an 80ci would you have any guesses as to what my issue may be? thanks, david.
I'ld only be guessing David, ours is a power shift machine. Iam thinking yours is the Idrovert or automated master clutch version? Ask to talk to John Dalton, the owner of SB Tractor Parts, if he doesn't know he will know someone who does. Cheers, Greg