Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

torch master pin? case 350B

Fordman ยท 2015-04-07 12:08

So I got the machine into position ready to take the track off, But that master pin really doesnt want to move. I can get it like half a inch then it stops. Im going to try to heat it tomorrow. If its proves unsuccessful is it alright to torch the pin off and buy two new ones from case, but I dont think that track is original to case. So any advice at this point is appreciated.

Replies1
  1. #1lantraxco2015-04-08 03:14

    Yup, torch away, just try not to ruin the links. Biggest thing I've found for pounding master pins out is to make sure the backside of the link where you're trying to drive the master out is backed up solid so there's little to no bounce, takes all the force out of the hit if the links bounce and bind. Good luck with it