Hello from a new member with some experience in dozer operation. I'm looking for info, thoughts,opinions and experience on the Fiat-Allis FD175 dozer, good or bad. Is it a good machine or a maintenance nightmare? I have a lead on a 1997 unit and have searched all the heavy equipment sites for past sales of fair market value, but have found none that have sold recently to compare prices. This machine looks to be in good shape and well taken care of, with approximately 5000 hours total time. Your help and thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Oldgeezer Still young at heart
Sorry I can't help you any with your Fiat, but I thought I'd chime in and say "welcome to HEF!"
Fiat Allis FD175 Was hoping someone on this forum has operated or owned a Fiat Allis FD175 and can give me some pro's and con's on the machine. Any help would be appreciated.
fd 175 Hi,I have a1997 Fd175 and can recommend it highly,its not as user friendly as later Komatsu px65 but having driven a D6R for a week the Fiat is far better in all respects than the Cat. They are a good machine provided you keep a good maintenance program. Neil
Fd175 Neil Thanks for the info. Do you know of any weak or trouble prone areas to watch out for on this machine? Thanks