Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fiat allis fd30?!?

crazycajun ยท 2014-06-26 22:35

I can pick up 2 fd-30's for pretty cheap in my opinion. Guy says good undercarriage and they run... What do you guys think about these?

Replies6
  1. #1Nige2014-06-27 10:00

    Back in "their day" they were considered a bit agricultural compared to the rest of the market. Big question would be can you still get parts for them..? I have no idea.

  2. #2crazycajun2014-06-27 10:17

    12,500 a piece, if they weigh 40 tons and scrap price is 300/ton that's 12k in scrap!

  3. #3dirthog2014-06-27 11:01

    The main problem with them is the Fiat engine other than that they were about the same as a 21C.

  4. #4old-iron-habit2014-06-27 11:41

    If you can get $300 a ton for heavy torching after hauling you are getting more than double what we get here.

  5. #5Nige2014-06-27 11:44

    I thought they had a Cummins..?

  6. #6dirthog2014-07-01 10:26

    No the 31 had a Cummins the only thing in the 30 unless somebody repowered it was a 8285 Fiat/Iveco and they were a bear to work on