I'v got a Good spare set of chains for my 450 that I would like to have the pins and bushings turned. My problem is that I cannot locate any kind of track shop within 100 miles of me, or even further at that matter, anywhere ! When I do a google search I cant get anything to come up what so ever. Anybody Have any good track shops near me ??? Got a couple idlers I would like to have built back up too.. any info is appreciated.
The only people I know of that rewelds idlers is Kentucky Equipment & Engineering in Louisville. They also have a track press service as well. My PSR guy tells me its not worth turning pins and bushings on smaller tractors. Says its hard to get them to hold oil and they usually pump them full of grease. I looked at it as well and he's right , run them till they are near failure then put a new set on that has a warranty. I think 3 grand would buy new set of rails for a 450.
My experience echoes that of Dickjr. After a pin & bush turn it's almost impossible to get the joints to seal using oil so the track shops tend to use grease. To me this is defeating the object of a SALT chain and has caused numerous early failures, thus making the pin and bush turn extremely expensive. We run ours to destruction limit (125%) from the get go and then toss them.