Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fiat allis or Dresser dozer?

illinoisboy ยท 2011-07-29 22:35

Hey all, I have a Komatsu D-20 and am looking to buy a bigger pusher. we are wanting to get into doing bigger ponds, and earthmoving. I am not interested in a Cat, just curious about a Fiat allis, or a dresser or dressta. Thanks for any input!

Replies6
  1. #1shopguy2011-07-30 15:22

    how big & how old are you looking ?

  2. #2illinoisboy2011-07-30 16:14

    I am looking for a 25-30 thousans pound machine, late eighties and newer.

  3. #3rockbreaker22011-07-30 21:54

    I think Dresser would be easier to get parts for but those Fiats are awesome rock ripping machines the TD15c & E also have great rippers compared to Cat Case Deere similar sized machines but the Fiat Allis 145 or 175 are even better, look for the semi u blade they are allot stronger than the 6 way blades. If you get a Fiat ( New Holland ) check the battery cable I had one catch on fire when the insulation wore through the Dresser has their battery cable in a nice plastic conduit .

  4. #4illinoisboy2011-07-30 22:07

    Thanks for the advice! I looked at the Deere 650 and 750's too, just wanting a decent heavy pusher.

  5. #5FWD2011-08-01 21:33

    I have a TD15-C. It is a 78 model. They were the same until 87 or so, then they went to a Cummins engine. Mine has an IH DT-466 engine. I have the Semi-U blade and it's around 32000 lbs. I like it and you can do some heavy pushing and it's still fairly easy to move around. FWD

  6. #6Animal2011-08-02 04:03

    Hi, just regarding parts for a Fiat-allis, I've had no problems in getting new parts from Italy for a 1980 machine and considering I live on the bottom of the planet you shouldn't have any hassles. Price has been O.K. as well.