I need some info in where to obtain the grease connector for the single top track roller on my Fiat 70ci. Ita approximately 64-67 vintage, the grease nipple is not the standard type, but is flat on the top,approximately 5cent piece (or dime) in diamater and looks like the connector would slip over as it has a grooved undersection, this screws onto the actual roller, would appreciate any advice.
Hi Garrie. I think you have button head nipples. See http://www.saeproducts.com/button-head-grease-fittings.html You need a coupler for your grease gun to suit. A good engineering supplies shop with grease products should be able to help. These nipples are still in use on some equipment. Regards AusDave
AusDave you are a living legend,this is exactly what i have been after much appreciated yourve made my day. Garrie.
you can replace the button fitting with a normal one if you don't have the adaptor.
Thaks for the threadcc52.I have today sent a e-mail to the SAE suppliers in south carolina as i will need to get an adaptor from them because the button grease nipple on my roller is a female fitting that screws onto the ed of the roller and in their site all their button head nipples are male iron ended. again thanks for your contribution. Garrie.
Try AE Baker or Blackwoods.I think I bought those fittings from them a few years ago. Any good industrial supplies shop should get them for you...
Yep, JimInOz is right. Go to http://www2.blackwoods.com.au/PartDetail.aspx?part_no=05333352 for a variety of couplers available in Blackwoods stores in every Australian state. AusDave
Thanks for the info jim, i cotacted blackwoods brisbane and they have one (thank god i only need one $52.50. each) but you gotta have what you gotta have. Also did you see the same 70ci as mine in vic on e-bay that ended last friday?, went for 9 big ones and had the head removed three years ago and left open,seller said some of the head bolts may be missing, my guess is one end are still dow in the block, any way jim thanks for the ifo, Garrie Denny, Qld.
HI Garrie, Those fittings are expensive...I think I paid $40 a few years back. Yeah,saw that 70 Dozer.Nice size machines,so was always gonna sell well. I think the 70Ci had a good reputation,like a few of the Fiats. Just out of interest,do you have trouble getting spares for your Fiat Dozer.?? I'm talking to a new source about Fiat parts. PM me if you like... Jim
South Burnett Tractor Parts near Kingaroy , Good people ,and know what their talking about .
Jim, I may be up for a head gasket or should i say will be very shortly and depending on what reveals itself when the head comes off 4 cylinders and pistons and rings, Garrie.
I agree with you ianoz - I have got almost all my bits from Andrew @ sth burnett tractor pts, real helpful good straight up people. I have got 3 of these things now so have had quite a few dealings with them over the last 4 yrs - they have the grease nipples too, i have a bunch at home i haven't fitted yet. Big job Garrie - make sure you replace the headstuds - careful not to snap any off getting them out if they haven't already rusted away - i had to drill & tap 3 out of 1 of my girls (the one in the photo with fresh paintjob) Jimbob