I'm wondering if the two speed powershift trans in my 11B series dozer is an original Allis-Chalmers product and design, or if the transmission was a vendored unit? I had a Case 780CK TLB years ago with a full set of manuals having JI Case parts numbers, but the transmission was actually a vendored unit from Clark Gear. Don't have any problems other than wanting to do a complete system service and these tractors as I understand are difficult to obtain any parts for. I'm looking for a second avenue if needed. Thanks,
Think you will find that transmission is Twin Disc in the 11B I would have to try and find some of my old manuals to make sure.
I would appreciate any efforts for certain. I can't find anything other than a Fiat-Allis tag. The tractor is a 1975 build and a 25L19XXX series serial number. I remember "Twin Disc" from several years ago but have never worked on/with one myself.
Is the tag you found on the transmission itself?
Originally I thought yes, but after looking at the service manual, no. I'll need to slide under the tractor to see if there are any stampings, or a tag affixed. The tractor is inside a fairly dark building when I can gain access and is in need of a good pressure washing on the underside. It is not oily, just dirty as the machine was kept clean as a whole. Thanks,