Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fiat Allis track loader

nawsd ยท 2007-11-13 10:32

Found a fiat allis track loader but do not know size or year model,serial # is 7L138. Loader looks fair (?) motor sounds good I was told undercarriage has about 30% wear left. Can anyone tell me what year model and size,also an appx. value? THANKS

Replies14
  1. #1nawsd2007-11-15 21:27

    From seat,7L138 is on right side,I think it may be for loader frame.The counter weight has 79011560 on it. Steering is erratic,sometimes it will turn like it should, next time you get on steering brake it just kinda lugs down and or seems like it goes into neutrel(power shift).When you let off brake it will go into gear again(after a hesitation),get on brake again it may turn like it should or you may have to let off and start over again.Machine has been sitting up a good while. What could cause this? Waiting on some advice before I try to buy. I WOULD APPRECIATE ALL HELP ANYONE CAN GIVE ME. THANKS

  2. #2nawsd2007-11-16 16:51

    Bought loader today but have'nt picked it up yet. Can anyone tell me where to look for the (Fiat Allis) serial number? Also I would appreciate any information on it's erratic steering. THANKS

  3. #3AlabamaDirtGuy2007-11-16 22:56

    I'm thinking my data plate is just below the throttle/shift selector. Assuming this is an FL7. To check the fluid level in the where the clutches are located you have to raise the seat. It's a double hinge arrangement. You have to pull one release with your hand and step on the other with your foot, then lift and throw the seat up on top of the fuel tank. It's a pill! You should find a dip stick there. The fluid level could be low, the clutch/brake peddles out of adjustment or the clutches could be shot. Start with the simple stuff first. Seems to me I use a 10 weight industrial oil there.

  4. #4nawsd2007-11-18 10:45

    Fiat Allis When i get it home i will know more to ask. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP

  5. #5nawsd2007-11-21 11:19

    fiatallis Got it home. The only #'s I can find are 7L138 on loader arm and tag on trans.(TIPO)625.800.00.3(Series)79008085(# of DI production 7H/234, Made in Italy.Can anyone tell me year model and size from these #'s? Also where and or how to find FiatAllis serial #.

  6. #6snowycuda2007-11-21 13:19

    The transmission number 79008085, subs to a 79032238 shaft and 79039384 transmission. The shaft is used on FD14E, FD175, FL14E and FL175 crawler loaders. Suggest contacting you local New Holland Construction dealer to help locate more info.

  7. #7nawsd2007-11-21 14:09

    FiatAllis Thanks snowycuda,maybe I can find out what this thing is with a lotta help and I keep looking.

  8. #8nawsd2007-12-07 08:02

    fiat allis loader Found more #'s motor(fiat 8205/02x520-011858) torque converter (TIPO 625.800.00.3)(SERI 79011362) (DI production 7H/130 or 711/130?) transmission (TIPO 625.800.00.3) (SERI 79008085) (DI production 7H/234) loader arm tag (7L138), still have not found serial # for machine. If anyone knows year model and size from this I would sure like to know. THANKS

  9. #9Northart2007-12-19 03:00

    Fiat Allis ID ? The Fiat Allis 8205 engine is found on the Fiat Allis 14C dozer . Could be a FL-14C track loader '80's vintage . A data plate is fixed to the gear shifting console. 4 screws or rivets held it in place, might be gone. The serial number is stamped , in the middle of the bevel gear housing , right under the fuel tank. On the top vertical edge. Most likely is covered in many coats of paint.

  10. #10Northart2007-12-19 03:36

    Fiat Allis Track Loader ID ? Found these machines for sale on Machinery Trader. For comparison. One has a Engine Number of 8205/02/500 for a 1979 FL 14 loader. Yours has a Engine Number 8205/02x520-011858 The 011858 I would say is the Machine Serial Number. The 2nd one is a 1981 FL-14C model.

  11. #11nawsd2007-12-19 21:13

    Fiat Allis ID Thanks for the info Northart. Now that I know where to look I'll start scraping off paint.

  12. #12Jeffrey McKinney2021-06-03 20:01

    Hello friend. I had a similar problem with 14C dozer. When trying to turn I noticed it would turn very well if I used the blade hydraulics. Try to turn and it just kept moving, tilt the blade while trying to turn and it worked fine. Turned out to be Hydraulic oil filters starving the pump. It was easier for the machine to turn than use the blade. The same thing happened on my 446 cat backhoe so I recognized right away

  13. #13toko2024-08-05 12:32

    I have a Fiat Allis 12 GB track loader. I need oil service information. Can anyone help me with information about what oils and where?

  14. #14Welder Dave2024-08-07 01:58

    Don't post the same thing in more than one thread. It can get really confusing.