Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Massey Ferguson MF300

Z24O ยท 2007-11-12 02:17

any one used one or have any knowledge of them? wondering about weight and horsepower? are parts still available? any weak links in this model,beleive they are only a 2 speed? probably a pewkins(perkins ) motor

Replies5
  1. #1Countryboy2007-11-12 20:39

    A little bit of information in this thread: Massey Ferguson Dozers?

  2. #2JimInOz2008-04-16 05:28

    Mf300 All the ** stuff is getting hard to get parts for now. My uncle bought a new 300 in 1973 ,but I think they were made until 79. They worked well & were about 70HP,powered by a Perky with a 2F/2R transmission. The drotts had a lever for each bucket function. Jim

  3. #3Sparffo2008-04-16 11:46

    some parts is almost impossible to find I have a MF300, that i have as spareparts machine, if somebody needs something machine weights about 9 tonnes as bulldozer and 11 tonnes as trackloader. Old CAT engines doesn't leak oil at all, compared to a perkins... (even new engines ) I could be that i have a manual for the 300 also! for the 3366 i have all manuals, even for the ripper and loader.

  4. #4Theodorosk20072012-04-16 14:23

    Dear Sparffo I have a MF300 crawler loader.If you have the idler of this machine please inform me if you can send me this part to Cyprus and the price cost and freight. Best Regards Theodoros Kramvides Tel:+357 24 342525 email: [email protected]

  5. #5IanKett2012-06-05 05:39

    Hi Theodorosk2007, I have just joined this terrific forum today. Pretty sure I conversed briefly some years ago somewhere, somehow, with Sparffo re MF300's. I have a dozer version on which one of the idlers completely collapsed some years ago. I actually didn't try very hard to find a replacement, but instead used the good one (from the other side) as a sample and had a small jobbing engineering shop make me a new one. It was probably better than "genuine", from memory only cost me a few hundred dollars, and has done a wonderful job since (although I must admit I don't use the machine very often.) Just a thought as an alternative!! Good luck with your 300. Cheers, IanKett