Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fiat (Fix It Again, Tony) Allis 21B Dozer move.

LowBoy ยท 2008-04-06 15:35

Here's a couple shots of a really nice old 21B in good shape. We loaded the blades onto a seperate truck, by pulling face-to-face with the U-blade, chaining it to the straight blade, and loading it first. The pins were all ready to pull, and the center pin cut because it wasn't being cooperative. We then set the straight blade onto the trailer, pulled pins and backed away. Stood the two blades on end, good to go. The machine came from down on the Va./W.Va. borders near Bluefield, W.Va. to her new home in Sebec, Maine. It ran sweet, had a good looking bottom, never so much as left a drop of anything on the trailer deck after a 2 day float. I hated to see this one leave my side actually.

Replies5
  1. #1DigDug2008-04-06 17:38

    Lowboy , did you stop in Auburn Maine to stay in a hotel ? I saw a lowbed with a dozer on it parked near the Irving fuel station and Auburn toll entrance. How was your trip to Maine , did you find any snow up there? hehe doug

  2. #2LowBoy2008-04-06 18:05

    Yeah, that was me DigDug. I was in a triaxle daycab at the time, waiting for that new school bus to come in. We stayed 2 nights at that motel next to the Irving station. Nice place to stay, too. The snow was pretty much gone, just ran into mud at the farm where we dropped the dozer and blades off in Sebec. Snow isn't anything new to me. We still have 3-4 feet on the ground here in Vt., but it's dropping fast now. Been a rough winter.

  3. #3DigDug2008-04-06 19:57

    Hey, I thought i reconized that dozer! I live about 5 miles from there. I travel daily by there to go up to a Lowes store where i plow and check for ice. Its a small world. Good luck on that new job , that Volvo 460 sounds sweet. What company is it? doug:drinkup

  4. #4Squizzy246B2008-04-06 20:00

    LowBoy:thumbsup:thumbsup Good to see you around.

  5. #5LowBoy2008-04-06 21:00

    Cheers, Mate!:drinkup