Hello all. I have a 1997 Fiat Hitachi FH220.3 LC and i cant find a very little info about this excavator. I bought it 2 years ago with blown motor. I replace the motor and i got motor from FH220.2 and that engine did have a hand throttle. FH220.3 got a electric throttle so i had to replace some links on the injection pump. And with this swap the engine rpm is not right i think. So do someone here know anything about what rpm this excavators usually work on? I know the rated power for Hitachi EX 220.3 is about 2100 but i am not sure if it is working rpm, Fiat Hitachi FH 220.3 have a IVECO 8365T engine and Hitachi EX 220.3 have Hino H06C-T engine if that matters. Thanks Jenni.
From a very vague memory 2200 rpm is the max engine speed. The hydraulic pumps won't tolerate any more than that. Welcome to HEF
What type of injection pump is on it.?? Just make sure the throttle is hitting the stop screws.. U don’t have to start the engine, just get someone to “mash the gas” to the floor while u look at the throttle.. Hopefully it’s a simple adjustment on the linkage..
Here is standard values of Hitachi EX200-3
Hello guys and big thanks for yours replays. I needed to replase the arm on the injection pump and after that the stop screws was off and every thing did go wrong about the rpm, and i did not realise that i was able to put the old arm on to measure before i moved the stop screws. I have been work on this machine 1 hour this week and 2 hours another week for the last 2 years now and there is always something like this tiny / big problem to make the days The worst thing about Fiat Hitachi is the lack of info. This is anyway almoust the same excawator like Deere 790D lc and Hitachi EX 220.3, Hitachi use Hino engine, Deere has a Deere engine and Fiat/Hitachi use Iveco like mine have. The Deere and Hitachi has the rated power on 2100 rpm but i am not sure if that is the working rpm. I cant find info about them either. I did buy a rpm meter to measure the engine speed. The motor is now on 2200rpm on the P but i think i am going to lowering it to 2100 rpm until i have tested it in working condidition. Jenni.
The Hitachi's of that era used Isuzu engines IIRC. Some of the UH series ran Hino engines and they were dogs