Does anyone know abut this machine? I am looking for a used wheel loader. I am considering a 1994 Fr 160 Fiat_Hitachi. It is fairly large with a 4 yard bucket. It has an Iveco engine which I had never heard of before. I have been told that the motor is from France, is that right? the machine looks to be in good shape for the hours (14000). Is the IVeco a good engine and can one find parts for it? (it is an inline 6). Also, does anyone know what the difference is between a Fiat_Hitachi, a Fiat_Kobelco and a FiatAllis? It does not appear that there are many Fiat_Hitachis. There are only 23 on Machinary trader and most of those are in Europe. Thanks any help would be appreciated!
fiat hitachi v fiatallis Isn't there anyone out there familiar with a fiat Hitachi?
Iveco is one of the biggest engine producer, around 3 mill. a year. owned by Fiat. I have some specications i front of me of the Fr 160 : 8,1 L Fiat 8365T engine (Iveco) 187 hp Static tipping load o` 12890 kg 40`11290 kg - yes it will work with 4 yard bucket Operating weight 15700 kg Fiat- and who Fiat was friends with, now it is named New Holland or Case, and there is the place to get parts
Thanks Those specks are helpful. I will have to dig up my chart so I can see how many pounds in a kg. The machine I am looking at seems to be in decent shape. I am a bit concerned about the high hours. ( 14,000) However, it seems to be in very good condition. I am seriously thinking about giving it a try. Thanks Frank
sorry, 1 kg. is 2,2 pounds Iveco is now named FPT, Fiat Powertrain teknoligies
Hello L 180 E I thought I woul let you know I bought the loader. I went down to Colorado Springs tonight to look at it. Very clean, one small leak and not beat up at all. It looks as if most of the hours were while idling. If you have any more specs or info regarding this loader I would be happy to have any info. Thanks fjf
thanks for let me know. the only thing I have, is one small brochure, I got it at a demo years ago, when the machine was new. I dont have any seat time, besides that day at the demo with the FR 160. Fiatallis was known to have lots of breakout force, so you could lift the back end, not a big problem as long the wells are in the air, but can hurt when it hit the ground. the Engine holds only 14 liters lube oil (3,7 gallon) so be careful not to overfill. I have been running the same engine in a Fiat traktor on a farm, the are known to have more HP than ratet, so no need to turn it up! It has a well base at 3200 mm (3,5 yards), I think it is on the long side for a loader this size. it have a 45`articulation, more than the Volvos we have know, nice if you have to turn charp, but be carefull if you have a heavy load, it will tip over to the turning side. It is a thing New Holland has been hanging on to, the to W 270 loaders we have had did also turn charper than our Volvos. If you want to put it inside, it is 11 feet heigh.
Thanks for the help. I will have it ome shortly. You mentioned break out force, It seems to be pretty solid. A fellow who runs Cats of similiar sizes went with me to look at it. I doubt if he is willing to give up his Cats but he was obvioulsy impressed. He thought it was a great purchase for the money given how clean it is. Thanks for the help.
Follow-Up Buddfalen, I'm wondering what your experience has been with this machine? Have you used it enough to give us a follow-up review on it. We're thinking about buying the same machine that you bought a few years back. Thanks for your reply in advance.
Goviatransport, we recently purchased a Fiat-Hitachi FR130.2 and ate very impressed with it. It is much quieter then our Deere 544G and just a hair bigger. Parts so far are a bugger to find. Cylinder pins are NLA but I was able to order bushings through new Holland. Did you end up buying the loader?
Hi Buddfalen, the FR 160 got a ZF 4WG150 or 180 transmission which are known as very reliable. Also fitted in the Deere and Case loaders. So support, parts, repair is given also in US.
I am searching for parts for a Fiat-Allis FR22O.2. I need the final drive, planetary carrier assembly. Any suggestions?
As written in the other post, the axles are most likely Dana Graziano from Italy.
Thank you