A friend of mine is looking at a Fiat-Hitichi FD-255 dozer.It is priced right but we haven't been around such a dozer.It has the 8465 engine in it.Im guessing this is a Fiat engine too.We were just wondering if this dozer was a good one or a lemon from the start. Thanks
Fd255 These Dozers are very good and are very easy on fuel.The engine is Iveco and are made in France.I have two that are nearing 11000hrs.I bought the first one at 800hrs and second at 4hrs,the second had a leaking liner seal so I replaced engine(had a spare rebuild that I bought from dealer) at 9000 the other has not been out yet.Im also looking for another however only 62 were brought to North America. Hope this helps. Steve
Thanks Steve,I wonder how hard it is to get parts for this machine is? That was another concern.
I have very little trouble and get all parts from local New Holland ag dealer as I have all the parts books.You should be able to get all parts through your local Case Construction dealers.The Case 1650 and 1850 as well as the New Holland came from the fd145 and fd 175.I understand now the 1650 is being built in US.Not sure if thats a benefit or not.
Stve,thanks for the info,I will tell me friend about what you have told me.Maybe this will clear things up for him weather to buy the dozer or not.
Steve,my friend would like to talk to you about your dozers.Do you have a phone # he can reach you at?
I sent you a email!!
OK Thanks.
I didn't get it Steve.