has anyone had any experience with making up cut to length grease lines so you can build a centralized grease bank? In this case it would be for an older 621B that didn’t come with the banks that the newer machines have. I’m trying to find ways to make things easy so the operators will hit all the grease points on the neck and prevent premature wear. I’ve called my local Parker sales rep and they were clueless. The dealer rep for Lincoln wasn’t sure either. I’d think someone would make an easy to use compression style fitting so you can by bulk hose and take off. So far I’ve not found it in my google searches.
They make it, both in like air brake type hose and hydraulic type line. I've used both field fittings and crimps. Parker def makes it, your rep jest needs to look.
Parker HLB is what you seek. Look in the 4660 catalog. https://www.parker.com/Literature/Parflex/4660-Lubrication.pdf
I have a machine with a dealer installed Lincoln lube unit that has a heavy wall poly line with push to lock fittings on some lines, crimped on others.
I found these guys after some more searching, https://www.lubetechnologies.com/remote-grease-manifold-kits.htm . The sell a ready made kit. Seems line a winner to me.
I saw this and actually referenced it when I call the parker rep for my area. She had no idea what I was talking about.
Your're 100% correct, but my area sales rep could find it or rather did not understand what I was looking for. I did find a product sheet on it in reference to Coaldust aboe, but that didnt seem to click with the salesman.
A lot of the early Cat grease lines were made from bulk hose and screw-on reusable end fittings. If that would work for an autolube system it ought to work for manual centralized greasing. Would that be an option for you.? I could look up the Part Numbers if you're interested.
Go to this place here: https://www.autolubeparts.com/Hydraulic_hose_840_bar_8_6ODX4_ID_Filled_p/302501.htm I've made several orders from them and built a number of remote lines to speed up my greasing time. Fast and easy to fab up your own system with reusable couplers. They have reasonable pricing and most all of the components you will need. I've been buying most of my Lincoln SSV distribution manifolds off of Ebay when I find what I need. Also, watch to understand how the distribution blocks work and why you need the special cone shaped fittings that come off of those blocks. Wish I knew that stuff on the first block I installed. I now know better.
Well lincoln greasers work well. They even pump at -30 degrees F. Right out the bypass valve.
They make it, both in like air powered brake type hose and water driven sort line. I've utilized both field fittings and pleats. Parker def makes it, your rep quip needs to look
Nige, If you could find a part number then I could call my local dealer and purchase through them. I've attempted to look up parts numbers for these lines and have struck out. I bought a parts book for the machine when I bought the service manual but it doesn't list anything.
This is a great video. I will have to look up some of these divider valves and see if this would be a better fit on the scraper than what I was planning to do with a simple bank of fittings.
I will have to get her email and send her the page from her brochure I suppose.
OK, so if I understand you right you have later machines where the lines are fitted but early ones where they are not, correct.? Do you have any serial numbers for the machines that have the lines.? It would save me a bunch of searching.
Nige, We have a 631D that is outfitted, at least partially, with a central grease block. Its serial number us 24W03553. The 621B (SN:8HC00010) we have is ex-military and it has no centralized grease block for the neck at all. The company had 4 621F's in the early 2000's before the economy tanked that had the whole neck plumbed to a central point which is what I am shooting for now. I have seen photos of some 631's on machinery trader that have everything plumbed to a central block as well.
OK, so the installation on your 24W-prefix 631D is a 3G-7874 Grease Lines Group. See attached. I guess that the problem is the hose lengths required for a 621 of any vintage would not be the same as those for the 631D, but at least it's a start. The unfortunate part is that I can't get a breakdown of the hoses that are used so that I could come up with the bulk hose part number plus that part numbers of the end fittings.
Nige, This is great! Thank you for pulling up. I've called our local dealer to get some pricing using this info. Again, thank you.
Your dealer will have access to Cat HIS - Hose information System. The system breaks down any Part Number of "Hose As" into three numbers - a fitting for each end plus X inches of Y Part Number of bulk hose. Ask them to give you those breakdowns for the three Part Numbers of Hose As listed above. I can check if the listed end fittings are reusable as opposed to crimped. If they are then you ought to be able to buy a roll of bulk hose and a box of appropriate fittings and assemble your own hoses of the correct length to suit the physical dimensions of the 621B hitch area instead of being stuck with pre-assembled hoses of the above Part Numbers that may or may not be the right length.
Nige, I will get this info and post back here later this week.