I can't believe this. Brand new for 22 years old. Never seen a yard of dirt. Only damage I see is heat damage to the cab upholstery from the Mexico heat. Last year of production. https://www.ironplanet.com/for-sale...00,c|5,m|Terex,sm|0&rr=0.2&hitprm=&pnLink=yes Interesting to see what it brings.
Look a little closer, the router bits are wore out both sides and the cutting edges are broke. Looks like a bunch of welds on the hitch are redone. Bob
I had seen the broken cutting edge, slight scratches on the tire tread face. Still very low hours.
i wonder if it was a demo unit?
It's a Ritchie overhaul with new tires. Bob
probably. it looks like one of their better overhauls
The draft arm looks like was replaced.
it like a low hour machine, the bush blocks and the bail and hook dont show signs of much wear and the pedals dont show much wear
I don’t think it’s a Ritchie overhaul, looks to be very low hours, I would bet less than 500. I’ve only ever seen two or three 24Ds on the internet, I would like to know how many were built. It will be interesting to see what it brings, hopefully whoever gets it will take care of it. I think the 24B, C, & D were a really good design and I have never understood why Terex didn’t build the TS-14s using a similar design, especially the suspension axle. I think they would still be in the scraper business today had they done that.
I agree with a suspended front axle. I also wish they would have incorporated the push out ejector on the 14s. Wet material likes to stick in the roll out ejector. Then you have to spend time with an excavator digging them out. Not sure if you could hold a poly truck bed liner in the roll out ejector.
I've seen a few items come from that area. Someone has a hobby of fixing up old equipment and making it look new. I've seen a few tractors and scrapers come out of there at the auction. I do like this scraper and would love to have it. Last I saw it was at 42k.
I never had much trouble with it sticking to the ejector (at least not a significant amount) but I believe I did see some 14Bs for sale a few years ago that had some type of liner on the ejector and I thought it was a good idea. I think I have also seen a couple that had the ejector heated off of the rear exhaust. The push out ejection would have made the 14s easier to dump and control the spread. If you are working in sticky clay soils with the units that have cable aprons, the cable needed to be short enough that you could get the apron up high so the load didn’t hang up on the lower lip of the apron. You also had to be careful not to eject all at once, you had to raise the ejector in small increments (sometimes rocking it up and down) until the higher part of the load fell off the top. I have seen many people get frustrated and abuse these machines because they didn’t know how to dump it. The ts-18s had roll out ejection also, but it had the apron like the 24s and 14Gs, the heavy clays didn’t hang up as long you got the apron opened up high enough. I never used any 14Gs in wet clay so I’m not sure if they performed similar to the 18s or not.
The 14Gs are kind of a like the Bs and Cs that you would raise the ejector and the wet clump would stick until the ejector was high enough. Then it would roll forward and pack against the cutting edge sliding on the ground. Raise the cutting edge higher and you could get it to shear off or roll under in ugly chunks.
It brought more than I thought it would. I wonder where it’s new home is going to be?
Hello is there somebody who knows what transmission models has been used in the Terex TTS 14 - Twin Bowl Scraper? Regards Sjaak Bos
Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I think the TTS-14 used Allison CLT 3461 just like the standard TS-14.
Hey guys, just stumbled onto this thread. Myself and some family own a grading company in Kansas and we bought this scraper. We typically run it five days a week and have since we bought it along with several more that we have. We know our way around a scraper, and this machine was never used until we bought it. Plastic was still on the seat and the factory paint on the bottom of the pan wasn’t scratched. They made 2 D models. We have one and we heard the other is sitting in Canada. Never thought I’d run a brand new scraper, but this machine is incredible. There’s nothing else like a new 24.
These are old pictures but I can try and get some of it Monday, if my little brother can slow down enough for a picture haha.
I’d definitely like to see more pics of this please. I’m fond of 24’s
I’ll do that. It’s not as pretty anymore the white paint doesn’t age very well. There’s a video of it push pulling on our Facebook page Haupt Construction Company.
These are all right after we started running it.
We also replaced the horrible Atec shifting system with the old auto electric system. Much more reliable and it matches the rest of our machines.
Someone explain why someone thought painting a piece of dirt equipment white was a good idea.
It was sharp looking when new, but definitely doesn’t stay that way long. If someone would start building these again with yellow paint, updated hydraulic and electrical systems, and a realistic price they wouldn’t be able to build them fast enough.
Terex doesn't do anything at a reasonable price. Their electrical systems have always been weak. Their updates are usually a different paint and a price increase. I worked for a Terex dealer way back in the day and all we did everyday was repair them 24/7. The rule back then was "if you need 20 scrapers to do the dirt moving, you better have 40 of them on the job". I prefer the old green myself!
I mean if another company revived them. And when ours were a little fresher and we more good operators we typically had 16 or 17 to run 12. Most of the time it’s not as good anymore. Getting operators to run them and especially take care of them is a fight.
Thanks for posting the pictures. I’d like to see some video of it running if you can. How does the durability and performance compare to your 637s? I’ve always loved Terex scrapers and I’m glad to see you are still running them. I’d like to run a TS-24C or D some time. I’ve operated TS-14,B,C,D,F,G, TS-18, S-23E, and S-24B but never had the opportunity to run a TS-24. Here is a picture of a TS-24D I saw on LinkedIn a few months ago, says it is in Australia.
It is pretty comparable in reliability to our 637 e2’s that are the same age. They’re all very well kept, but the 37s have 15-20k on the clock and the 24 only has a few thousand. Performance wise the 24 is better all around. Loads much easier, even though it holds a few more yards. Faster on the haul road due to more power and MUCH better ride quality. When the suspension and hitch is still tight and accumulator working properly they’re incredibly smooth riding. Enough so that we have to slow people down because they’re running hard enough to tear it up and they still aren’t feeling a thing in the cab. Also curious what engines are in that machine? Ours has a pair of 12.7 detroits.
I’m not sure what engines it has, I just ran across the photo. The screenshot photo quality is not good, but when I zoom in on the LinkedIn photo, it has the TS-24D decal on the spill guard.
Here is a Terex article and product information sheet for the 24Bs. It has a ride comparison graph comparing it to a 637D. This graph backs up your statements about the ride performance being better.
This is a somewhat recent picture. I found a video of it running about a month ago but do think I can post a video. And yes the front axle suspension was light years ahead of Cats cushion hitch. Just wish we could buy more new ones to replace our old tired ones. Especially if they were going for 112k
Still looks good! Glad to see it is being taken care of.
Thank you. This one is pretty near and dear to us if you can’t tell haha. If anyone has a lead on Shift Pattern Generators for a TS24C or someone who can fix them though we would certainly appreciate it. That will be the death of these machines. Just something you can’t get anymore.
Have you ever tried this company? I have never used them, but it says they can repair the SPG. Jultech Balancing rapid service with rigorous testing while maintaining the highest quality assurance. jultech.com
That’s who we use now. But the only guy left that knows how to work on them is about to retire..
Too bad they don’t have someone else trained to take his place. If I run across another company that can fix them, I’ll let you know.
Finally remembered to get a picture. This is from today. Hauling mostly lean dry clay, stacking it to the top of the clod rack a lot of the time.
Looking good How many Terex scrapers do you all run? All 24s?
Some great pictures. Thanks for posting. I see some of your other kit in the pictures such as the D8 and the fuel bowser clearly show you look after your machines. Having owned 12 D8’s over the years,I’m a fan of them and would like to see a few more pics please?
Thanks, we have 14 24s that are “runners.” You’ll never see that many running though haha. And a few more we’ve started to part out. And no other models than 24s any more.
Thanks, here’s a D8R we overhauled two winters ago. The R series is our favorite. They’ve been good to us.
Here’s our 10N doing something we love to do. Shoving 24s through shot rock.
The D8R is looking pretty in your pictures. I had one and it was a powerhouse of a tractor. Had a ripper on it and was pretty reliable. Suffered with the wear in the block where the cam followers sit,but was a formidable beast all the same. My best and most profitable tractor has been the J8B series D8T though. Had some good TS14B’s years ago that I pushed with my D8H’s. Still have a fondness for all my 68A D8H’s. I’ve never worked 24’s in shot rock,especially with a D10 up the ass. Shifted plenty of ripped sandstone with 24’s and D9H’s,but not shot rock. Must be hard going
Hi, how are you? You really have a great fleet of TS24s, I'd like to see more photos and videos, especially of the TS24D. It's been a while since we've heard anything about it. How's its performance? Thanks, Catlee
I thoroughly enjoy the rebuild/refurbish side. If it were profitable, I'd do it more than a hobby. I'm looking hard at wire harness fabrication. One downfall of all the white ones.