As the title says, I'm filling a 1 mega litre dam with a 450j, it's really hard ground and everything has to be throughly ripped before it can be moved, how long should it take to do?
Yair . . . thetabop . Mate, the way you pose the question (to me) is pretty meaningless. I dislike this new fangled way of expressing sizes in mega litres . . . its like me yarding up bullocks, counting the feet and dividing by four to get the number in the pen. Do you mean the dam bank holds back a thousand cubic meters of water or is it a thousand cubic meter hole? There are sites where you could impound a thousand cubes of water with a few blades full of dirt . . . and then on a piece of flattish ground you would need to excavate near the whole thousand meters . . . and the excavation could be ten meters square and ten meters deep with big excavator or scratched out thirty odd meters square and a meter deep with a little dozer . . . its all a one mega litre dam/tank/impoundment, call it what you will. As always pictures are the go and once the layout of the job is a little clearer there are folks on here who can give you good advise . . . I'll have to Google a 450j, I don't know what it is. (big grin) Cheers.
Hey scrub, sorry I get your point. It is on dead flat ground, the hole is about 30 meters by 20. And slopes down to about 3 meters deep in the middle so it is the full 1,000 square meters of dirt needs to be pushed back in. the dirt is in 2 piles that start about 5-10 meters from the edge of the hole, and end around 30 away. The piles are somewhere around 3 meters high as well, gonna be a bit of a pain to get on them and move the dirt quickly. I'll be back out there tomorrow and if I remember I'll get some pictures.
Yair . . . thetabop . No need to be 'sorry' mate . . . I'm just pleased you got the point. I looked up the 450j and it looks to be a real handy little jigger. I am sure some folks will chime in here--and there will probably be a spread of numbers . . . I'll sit back and watch with interest. Cheers.
I'm guessing its about 70 feet by 100 feet by 4 to 5 feet deep. If so I'm thinking about 4 days with a 450 being its hard dirt. I may be totally of base , shimmy is good at dirt figures.