I've been searching here and can't find any info, I'm sure I saw something before. Need to bee able to fill 3000 sandbags in 6 hours. Thanks, Pete
This is not mine, nor do I know the seller, but the concept of a sandbag hopper would probably help get you where you want to be: http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=23379126&cat=&lpid=&search=sandbag
www.earthbagbuilding.com/articles/machines.htm
When do you need one? I had a broker send me an email with one a while back if you would like I can forward you his email to see if he still has it. Pm me Pj
Hi, I've used one of these lots of times. Make it to fit the width of your bucket and enough rows that all bags are filled in one pass seems the quickest way. Cut the tubes to the length that a level fill gives you the right amount in the bag. Use zip ties to seal the necks, it is much faster. Ideally have two frames so someone is loading the empty sand bags on the tubes whilst you are filling the other one. Not sure how many you can do in a day, where the holdups seem to be is sealing up the full bags and getting the out of the way. Good luck, Graham http://www.instructables.com/id/Filling-Sandbags-the-Easy-way-with-Sandbag-Tubes/ .
http://www.thesandbagger.com/ I used a hopper contraption similar to this (but homemade) and could make about 8000 bags a day average. What I really mean is I sat on a skip loader and filled the hopper every few minutes and watched other people make them.
Thanks, got it.
Just cause I'm curious... 3000 sandbags in six hours is a pretty specific requirement. What's the nature of that requirement?
It's for local emergency management.
Ask a US Marine
Slightly old post but thought id drop a comment on this. Ive got plenty experience on both HE and sandbags and found that they dont usually mix well together! Best we managed for free was a board with funnels nailed to it, operator tips on one end and sandbags get filled at the other. Hand filled is usually the best bet!
911sandbags.com
Worked with a contractor for a couple a weeks who ardered the sand from the redimix supplier. Filled the bags from the shute of a redimix truck.