I? am looking for a filter wrench for both oil and hydraulic. The large one I have for a auto is a little to small....thanks
They should have different size filter wrenches at just about any auto parts store. The strap I have works on all of my vehicle and equipment filters.
I just purchase a large rounded jaw vise grip type wrench from Harbor Freight, have not tried it yet but might do the trick. Made as a filter wrench
Cat makes a really good strap filter wrench. P/N 185 3630
Thanks for the info.......
Well here are the ones we had at the quarry that at least seemed to do pretty good. These are the heavy duty ones for bigger filters and NAPA does have others in the same catalog: Also had one of these, you can find them from $23.00 to over $30.00 online. One note if you use them wrong you can rip the stitching out of the strap. I had some one borrow mine and did just that! Trick is to use so the metal part of the tool puts pressure on the stitch area not tension! But if someone does break it just take it to a place that makes lifting slings and get it sown back together! I'd have to check but mine might have been sold by Mac Tools or even Snappy!