Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

FINAL DRIVE JD 790 E, That expensive?!

maquinariawiebe ยท 2011-01-21 17:05

I was helping some customers in finding a planetary or final drive for a Deere 790 elc. With the prices being in the $8000 area! Actually, I haven't found anything cheaper than this price. A couple months back we sold ours for $4000 ea. anybody know where I could find something cheaper?

Replies3
  1. #1DBarron2011-01-23 01:33

    We cant get a compete, but can get individual parts to make a complete. Find out what exactly the customer needs, I doubt he needs everything. If you want everything excluding motor its pretty damn close to $6,500

  2. #2finaldrive2011-01-23 13:46

    The cost is very high because people in the used parts business have found it is interchangeable with the 230LC Deere. Very hard to come across now and when you do, as you have found, they are quite expensive. Send me a message with your contact details, I can have our export division contact you.

  3. #3maquinariawiebe2011-01-24 13:03

    I believe the hitachi 220 has the same undercarriage. Maby I can find something from a hitachi