Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu Alternator

suprant0010 ยท 2011-01-21 21:19

Hi guys I have a 1990 Komatsu 300 LC...I was having a problem with always having dead batteries, even after running the machine all day. So I figured I would pull the alternator off and have it tested. It tested good, however, the job of putting it back in was delayed for some time. After being handled by several people, sadly, the alternator was misplaced. I searched everywhere for it, I'm ready to give up and try to track down a replacement. I was hoping you guys could steer me in the right direction for finding one...I don't have a part number or anything to go by. Is it a common part, that could be found on other types/brands of machines possibly? Id like to avoid the expensive route of getting a new one from Komatsu. A used/rebuilt or even off-brand would be preferable. Thanks in advance

Replies2
  1. #1willie592011-01-21 21:27

    Call Cecil at the Monroe NC location. http://www.ironpeddlers.com/

  2. #21080 bobcat2011-01-21 22:16

    most starter shops can get you a new one reasonble i had to replace on a 220 and the custmor didnt want to down the machine to fix it