I have a 2002 Volvo ec210b, ever since 3000 hrs I'v noticed movement within the sprocket while digging, it now has 6000 hrs - same movement. The best way I can describe it is by looking at the final drive housing and using the sprocket as a clock. If I put the bucket in the ground and move the control lever for the arm back and forth I can make the machine go back and forth a bit. (2-3 inches)Getting back to the "clock", The final drives will move almost 1 hour forward and back. Both sides have been identical this whole time. I've checked my grease levels and they've been good the whole time and I'm not seeing any greyish color in the oil. Could there be something going on with the hydraulic brake that's doing this? I doubt that it is the gears, If it was I dont think it would have lasted since 3000 hours. Thanks
Oil is what releases the brake on the travel motor. So you're either getting oil to the brake when it shouldn't (check center swivel) or the brake discs in the motor are worn out preventing them from "biting'
I'll check into that. Once the play has taken up in the final drive it brakes securely. Its only the 2-3" travel from sitting still. Probably a better way to describe it is a bike with a loose chain.
Most likely this is normal, the brake pack is built into the motor and then you have all the gears and stuff in the final that each have some play built in.