Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kato 1220se||

FarmerAlex ยท 2010-11-05 05:47

Gday all, Look i'm posting on this thread as need some advice on an excavator. I currently run my own agri business doing hay and tillage and general work, Have a unimog 4wd tractor covering all that work. Now i wanted to expand into earthmoving and i wonder how versatile a excavator can be for doing various jobs? I have been keeping my eye on a Kato 1220SE||, it looks a bit rough but still usable, would this be a good solid machine to enter into the earthmoving business? any help greatly appreciated many thanks Alex :d

Replies2
  1. #1John C.2010-11-05 19:22

    I was hoping that all of those had gone out of existence. The electronics are absolutely horrible, the hydraulics are very prone to overheating and they leak everywhere. I worked for a dealer of them one time. I didn't leave that dealer because of that line but it was a relief to never have to work on one ever again. I don't know if they ever put in a parts depot in this country. I would recommend a pick a shovel over one of those machines. Do what you want and good luck!

  2. #2FarmerAlex2010-11-05 23:00

    Thanks John, its always better to ask people with experience. Well i dont think i will be touching it, had a look at the pictures and there appear to be leaks coming from all sorts of places. Given the poor quality of the build, id rather go and purchase dish-washing liquid and try and wash the soil away . Thanks for the honest opinion Best wishes Alex