I have been reading this forum for a while and last winter I began looking for a Hoe to use on the farm. I had decided on a Case 580 l and I found one but missed it by one day then found another on the web. First time I ever bought anything sight unseen. I bought a superl series 2 with 4 in 1 bucket extendahoe 4x4 cab and air and had Uship deliever it. I did have a independent teck on location to check it out and it only cost me $90 money well spent I think. I have put about 25 hrs on it and so far it is working fine everything is just as it should be. I have to send a big THANK YOU to all on this forum for giving me the information needed to ask the right questions while shopping for a backhoe. Looking for and finding what you want is quite a job but it is out there you just have to find it. Thanks again.
Sounds great jdm send some pics
you used u-ship? was it any of the one that where on tv? where did ya end up getting the machine?
No it was not one of the cowboys a man from eastern Ky hauled it and was very professional. I bought the hoe in northern Ohio. I will put on some pictures when I figure the picture posting out.
Same here I have a SL with all the same options as yours.My 1-4 shifter hard to get into gear sometimes?Mine is a series1 with priority swing which sucks!How many hours is on yours?
pictures of SL Series 1
Mine has 2800 hours.
I am going to try the pictures.
Yours is just broke in.Mine has 6,300 hrs.The only thing i do not like on yours are the flip over stabalizer pads.
I have figured out that I have a lot more jobs for that hoe than I have time to do right now. The bridges and the ditch work were top on the list right now and it worked great. I was able to pick the bridge up from the center and move it out of the way and do the ditch bank work. I did that to 5 of the bridges and they should be good for a long while. Now more jobs on the ditch I need to fix before planting time.
Your hooked now, A TLB is a great big pocket knife... all sorts of uses.
Nice looking machine! I just got my backhoe about 2 months ago, so far it's one of my most pleasant purchases lol. I definately created a big ole mess out of my yard with all the little projects i wanted to do cleaning up my property. Moved stone walls, dug up misc rocks, stumps, trees, made my drive way into a U shape, and right now i'm making a access road to get to the backside of my property. I picked up a 89 Ford / New Holland 455C, extenda hoe, all glass enclosed cab. It comes in handy having that extenda hoe, didn't realize how much i'd like it untill I got into situations were it wouldn't require me to reposition the machine.
Tell me about this priority swing , never used one.
why don't you like the flip over pads? i have them on mine i like to be able to get better grip in dirt but have the street option JDM great looking machine !
Nice machine. I'm also looking at purchasing a used backhoe. The model I'm looking at is a Case 590 SM 2007 with 5000 hrs. There asking $50K Canadian it has all the whistles. One owner Good luck with yours. Hope I'll be as lucky.
I had flip over on my SK and after you flipped them to dirt they always flipped back to the rubber pads (which always seem to tear off) the first time you raised them up.
Hey lads, just wanted to say that I have flip over pads on my super m and there handy to work in dirt and other sticky situations. Used to just have cemetery pads on the 580e construction king and they were handy. I'd spend the extra money on flip over pads. What backhoe controls are on your l jdm? Do you like them? Nice hoe too. Case 580sm
It has the 2 stick control with the foot extendahoe. It is the only backhoe I have ran any time at all so as far as I know it is fine. I put in 3 field drain pipes and a rip rap crossing today so I am getting some time in it. Actually the 4in1 buckett is more of a challange to learn than the hoe is.
I haven't ran a 4 in 1 bucket on a backhoe before, but I heard good things about them. I've priced one at a dealer around where I live, and they run about $4000.00. It'll take time to get used to but once you are experienced on it it'll work good for ya. Case 580sm
when using the 4 in 1, open the clam, go over the top of the heap, reverse and pull material down.as you close the clam move forward at the same time, this helps to grab a full bucket. Never grab a tree stump using the side of the clam, always grab it in the centre of the bucket. Good luck